Girls on the Field

ShootHoops

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ariellemyers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 2nd time shooting soccer. Lots of improvement from the first time. Soccer's the hardest sport I've tried so far. What could be harder?

Soccer025.jpg

Soccer026.jpg

Soccer027.jpg

Soccer028.jpg

Soccer029.jpg

Soccer033.jpg

Soccer034.jpg

Soccer036.jpg

Soccer038.jpg

Soccer039.jpg

Soccer040.jpg

Any thoughts? Comments? :D

If you ask me, the only thing harder to shoot than soccer is basketball.

At least in soccer, the field is large and the players (sometimes) move in the same direction for a few steps at a time. Shooting hoops is way tougher to me because the players are all trying to move in unpredictable directions as quickly as possible, and constantly changing directions. Also, the larger playing surface in soccer spreads out the players and gives you half a chance to frame a player or 2 without too much clutter.

Either way, these are great shots. The light on the field is terrific, and the softly blurred backgrounds are nice. May I ask what camera and lens you used for these?

I like them all, but no.4 would have to be my favorite. You couldn't pose her any better than that, with the light on her face and her opponent behind.

Nice work.

JD

Hai,
Thanks for sharing the photos. My favourites were 6 and 8. Very fine. You got the action right. and above all the light on the hair is excellent.
Cheers.
ravi.

what was your ISO at? it looked like you had a hard time freezing the action.

You are getting quite the hang of your action shots. I must call in our Lensmeister to take a look at your soccer photos - he does soccer (called football in Britain) photos, too.

Apart from the first photo which shows some minor technical flaw, I don't feel you had a hard time freezing the action.
And I really (also) love your Photo 4 here, along with 6 (lovely light! Lovely girl, too, you had your lens on her quite often, eh? Your friend?) and the last. I like the lighting in the last, too, the ball did not jump out of your frame, the background girls are nicely blurred ... yes, you are getting better and better! :D

great shots, even better when you realise the light is fading. you wanna try Rugby and Speedway they can be hard as well

JD, I find Basketball as the easiest sport for me to shoot. Maybe it's because I played the sport for so long? I guess if you understand it more then you can predict their movements better. Of course they catch me off guard sometimes! I used my Nikon D50 and Quantaray 70-300 f/4-5.6.

Thanks, ravi. #8 is one of my favorite out of this bunch. I'm still deciding between my #1 favorite though: either #4 or #10.

Sw1tch, I think my ISO might've been at 800.

Hi again, LaFoto! I don't personally know any of these girls, but the ones I photographed are the ones who had the ball most of the time. The only one I'm even close to being friends with is #15. Thanks! :D

Hey lostprophet. I wonder where I can find a Rugby match in Houston. Lol! :D

Heehee, I was, indeed, thinking about the #15 - she features in 5 of your frames here :D. She is very pretty, actually easily the prettiest, I should say, too :D.

JD, I find Basketball as the easiest sport for me to shoot. Maybe it's because I played the sport for so long? I guess if you understand it more then you can predict their movements better. Of course they catch me off guard sometimes! I used my Nikon D50 and Quantaray 70-300 f/4-5.6.
All the more impressive that you got those shots in low light with a fairly slow (for sports) long lens. Nice work.

JD

Nice, I too tried it years ago, photographing football, need to 'attempt' it again. It can be hard as its fast paced, but a good challenge all the same. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks JD. By the way, welcome to the forum! :)Hi Renair. I'm also looking forward to shooting Football when the season comes back around.

Hi Shoothoops,

I like the pictures. The only thing I'm missing is a decisive moment. Being from Europe, I'm a bit of a soccer fan. And soccer pictures are usually (but what does that mean, right?) more about duels, or goals or some interesting trick or...
Don't get me wrong: I really think these are good, but they don't tell me too much about the game.
But anyway, it's good to see some women's soccer. They look talented.

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back