Gitzo GT2541 Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod

Munchdog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Mine is a GT2541L, recently replaced by the GT2542L.

http://gitzo.com/cms/site/gitzo/tripods/mountaineer?code=GT2542L

Retails for $725 - $525 shipped in Cont US. This unit is mint, never used. PM for pics.

Product Features

This tripod is recommended for use with lightweight camcorders, spotting scopes and DSLRs with a range of lenses up to 300mm. It has an excellent maximum load capacity and good torsional rigidity. The four leg sections extend to bring it up to eye level. It's an ideal solution for photographers that are looking for a solid tripod without sacrificing weight.

Features
  • ALR (Anti Leg Rotation system) - allows the tripod to be opened in less than 15 seconds
  • G-Lock - provides a "gravity lock" effect meaning the higher the load applied vertically to the leg the stronger the lock
  • Ground Level Set - allows you to remove the center column to move the camera closer to the ground
  • Hook - allows you to attach a weight to the bottom of the center column for stabilization
  • Removable Leg Ends - easily change worn out rubber feet or fit other accessories such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes
  • Rapid Column - the center column clocking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly
  • Reversible Column - easily invert the column for an alternative shooting angle or for macro work

Last edited:
emailed question

My bad, I have the wrong item listed...

Mine is a GT2541L.

Will repost correct detail shortly.​

still thinking about it

Most reactions

Back