• C

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Contra|Brett|

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay. I work at an unnamed camera store in an unnammed location. Today someone came in to return a Gitzo Mountaineer Sport. That tripod is increadibly nice, obviously. It is a carbon fiber tripod, and it is really nice. (We are in the relm of SUPER sturdy tripods here, the legs on this sucker alone are 380.)

Anyway, he told me it was too light and didn't think it would support his camera when he came in. As it turns out, he had a 20d with a 70-300 DO IS.
He is wrong in every possible way, but never the less I returned the tripod and said, "ya, well...." My reasoning was that I would like to have a nice tripod to sell to someone who buys a d70, 20d or something. I still don't have heads at my store, so i will have to send them away for this. (My store is a chain of stores, so i have no control over what comes into my store)

any way, should I have

A) Done what i did. (and snickered later, which is what i did)
B) Tried to correct him. (BTW, if he bought a head, he didn't return that)
C) Laughed in his face and tried to correct him.
D) Laughed in his face and return it.

EDIT: I should add that there was nothign wrong with the tripod, I checked.

Contra|Brett| said:
A) Done what i did. (and snickered later, which is what i did)
B) Tried to correct him. (BTW, if he bought a head, he didn't return that)
C) Laughed in his face and tried to correct him.
D) Laughed in his face and return it.

Definitely A! You did the right thing, I'm not sure you would have gotten anywhere with B, C and D.

Please keep in mind that this is a joke. I always treat the costomer with respect when i am in the store. I would like not only too keep my job, but hopefully have repeat costomers.

I did not get the joke part. I am glad you said that. Another "truism" (not sure if that is a word) that I like to keep in mind: "upset a client and they will tell all of their friends; make them happy and the tell no one".

I only mention it because the service (generally not including photo labs and stores) here in Vacationland U.S.A STINKS! Here we are with a visitor driven economy and employees are rude. If you are not happy with your service industry or retail sales job than quit. I have green money like everyone else so leave your attitude at home and quit walking around like your puppy just died.

I am sure you and your establishment are pros; I just had to vent.

Most reactions

Back