Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...ok, so y'all know I'm in the middle of moving. I plan to do lots of stuff with this new place, and I will soon be talking to the landlord about some apartment improvements (like new vinyl tile in the bathroom and maybe the kitchen...the kitchen is carpeted right now, and I don't like that!)...but I want to do other things, too, just not entirely sure what. It's an old place, and I want to spruce it up. So give me some inspiration...weather it be ideas, pictures, or websites, just give me anything ya got! Ideas that aid in organization are always a HUGE plus. I will post pictures of the new place sometime in the next few weeks...right now it's kinda hard to do. :) Lets just say this...it's BIG, but the bedrooms are small, bathroom is average size, with only a shower stall, no tub. 71/2 foot tall windows (2 of them) in the living room...they are not very wide windows though...average width, I'd say.

So...gimme whatcha got! :) (please)

Let's see some pictures! :D I can't say anything until I see what you're dealing with.

But with its size, you're probably best to keep it with an open, airy feel. Throw down a big area rug by the usual couch/TV to visually contain that section. You may do this a couple times. Have a living room area, a studio area, etc.

Then paint stripes on the floor on the other end, so we can play volleyball. :lol:

And lava lamps are always cool. ;) I'd go for an entire wall unit full of lava lamps. Get a cheap wall unit one at some discount store, and start a collection. :thumbup:

Maybe a plant corner or area. You could get a bunch of various plants and group them into one area. It would make a nice background for photos.

You should ask about the rules for renovating. It wouldn't take much to make the bed room bigger...just move the wall. If it's just a wall within the studio area (as I'm envisioning) it would be fairly easy. Or maybe knock out a wall to make two rooms into one. In a house or apartment, this might not work but in a studio...you never know.

Using a carpet and strategic placement of furniture, you can create a living room...or just about any other room...just without walls. Or get some of those Japanese screens to use as dividers.

Good, good...keep it coming. I already had the area rug idea, just haven't gotten the rug yet. I have a lava lamp already! :lol:

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Oh, and I have a plant area, but not in the main part of the apartment. It's hard to exactly explain the area, so I'll have to wait til I can get some pictures.

Ok...here's some pictures as promised...these were done VERY quickly, and there is not artisticness to them at all...as a matter of fact, they suck, but you'll be able to see a bit of what my apartment looks like. I have more, but I don't have time to post them because my computer isn't hooked up yet, and Erik is in the middle of a school assignment, so I have to hurry. :)

Oh, and don't look at the boxes and junk everywhere!

Here is the main room, I'm standing back by the hallway that leads to the bedroom:

apt1.jpg

Here is the main room again, I'm standing in about the middle, where the kitchen area is:

apt2.jpg

Same room, looking the other direction, now I'm standing by the windows:

apt3.jpg

This is the area I am setting up for my studio:

(yes, that's my backdrop propped up there)

apt4.jpg

My bedroom from the doorway:

apt5.jpg

My bedroom from the other direction:

apt6.jpg

And this is actually right outside of my apartment, from right outside my door...there is another door in the main room that leads to this landing, and this is where my plants will be (that little plastic 'house' lookin thing is a little greenhouse)

apt7.jpg

I'll have some more pics later, just don't have the time now. I can't WAIT to fix this place up! Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think, and any ideas you can give me! Remember...any pictures, ideas or websites will be helpful. :)

Oh my god!! Look at that mess young lady!! :shock: hahaha!!! :lmao:

That looks like an awesome apartment!

I dunno if you've still got the link from when I posted this up when i was trying to decide what colour to paint my room... but here it is again... www.603010.com.au
Or go straight here http://www.603010.com.au/roomscape/ to play with different colours on different walls of any room in a house! It's great!

Thanks Meysha...I'll have to look at those sites when I get home.

Oh, and I forgot to mention...as soon as I get everything put away, I will be borrowing my moms carpet shampooer. :) I wanted to do it before we moved in, but it didn't work that way.

I love decorating! I have lots of ideas for you.
I would suggest using some long curtains to seperate the kitchen from the living room, they make great partitions. You would have to hang a curtain rod from the ceiling and have it hang down from some chain or something like that. then leave an opening to "create" a doorway.
You can get the "scroll" type shelf brackets to use to hold curtain rods and shelves to go over your windows. The shelves are great for storage and they double as cute curtain rod brackets.
Paint with color if you can, that is one ot the easiest/cheapest ways to decorate. You can do lots of things with paint...you can paint strips, picture frames(on the wall), a checkered pattern...it's endless and fun! This can also help seperate the living room and kitchen.
Between the two windows I would create a book shelf using more of the same brackets as the curtains and getting some wood cut to size and painting them fun colors.
Anyways...there's a ton of stuff you can do, just have fun with it. :D

i was thinking about the lava lamp again..............you have to get one like the one in Sharktale. That thing was huge. You definetly need one of those. It would look great, im sure of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back