Glacier Trip

Apisto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few photos from my trip to Glacier NP this summer. C&C greatly appreciated.

Falls1.JPG

iceberg2.jpg

iceberg1.jpg

falls2.jpg

fisherman1.jpg

Glacier NP is one of the most beautiful spots on earth. :heart:

I'm dying to know where you shot #2.

I'd crop the dark foreground out of $3 but that's just me.

Wow. Amazing shots. I can't really pick a favorite. They are all awesome. Thanks for posting them!

beautiful shots! looks like a very beautiful place indeed! i thought about stopping in there for a small hike while on a bike trip west of the rockies, would have ruined our schedule tho, haha, anyway! love the shots! #2 is my kinda place, love the lake and flowers!

Actor - #2 is Ice Berg Lake near Many Glacier. It's about a 5 mile hike in and we hit it at just the right time of year and the only sunny day of our trip. #3 was the hike into Ice Berg Lake.

Thanks all for the positive comments. I'm only 3 hours from GNP so I hope to make it an annual thing.

I really like number 4, the color of the water is great

Actor - #2 is Ice Berg Lake near Many Glacier. It's about a 5 mile hike in and we hit it at just the right time of year and the only sunny day of our trip. #3 was the hike into Ice Berg Lake.

Thanks all for the positive comments. I'm only 3 hours from GNP so I hope to make it an annual thing.
When we were there the trail to Ice Berg Lake was closed. I think the problem was bears.

If I were only three hours away I'd be up there several times a year.

Hope you don't mind me posting a pic on your thread. This is me in front of Grinnell Glacier Lake in Aug '08.

IMGP2816TopO%5C%27theWorld.jpg

I really like the shutter speed in picture number 4 and i like how you can see the texture of the rocks too. the last one is also very nice because the POV feels very reel. the sunlight is perfect because it is not over taking the photo and your get to understand how small the trees are compared to the mountain. and we think trees are big..

Actor - Its ok to post on my thread. We took the ferries back to Grinnell Falls but the sun was facing us so no great shots. We are going to hike Grinnell Glacier next year. We only had one day for a long hike and choose Ice berg (thankfully). That trip we saw two blackbears (close encounters), one grizzly, golden eagle, ptarmigan, moose, deer, marmot, sheet, and a tiger salamander. It was a very productive trip.

Thank you Cold and Bijdez... Seems like #4 is a success for a cloudy rainy quick stop by the falls kind of shot.

very nice shot! I wish to be there :)

Most reactions

Back