Glad I Didn't Make the Earlier Train

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These guys were cookin' (as we used to say) in Penn Station in Manhattan tonight. I mimed taking a picture and the singer smiled and nodded. I took a few and put some money in the jar, and got another smile and nod.

Image.jpg

Is that snoop dog and kenny g? odd couple....

Where they good? And what kind of music was it?

I like the shot to, :)

Where they good? And what kind of music was it?

I like the shot to, :)
They were great, and doing old rock and roll and rhythm and blues. Some people waiting for their train were dancing. One rider walked up and did a duet with the singer. It was a great experience waiting for the 7:25 train! Here's a shot of the whole group, and the passenger who joined the group. The man on the left was a relative of the singer. The guitar player was also very talented, but the lighting proved too difficult for me to get a good shot of him.
Image.jpg

Is that snoop dog and kenny g? odd couple....
I heard America singing! These guys were really together - Black singer, White sax player and young, Hispanic guitarist. And the sax player was better than Kenny G in my opinion, but I'm prejudiced (or informed): I grew up listening to Coleman Hawkins and Sonny Rollins and Cannonball Aderly, and played sax myself. I posted a photo of the whole group in a reply to FITBMX.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back