Glad I had my camera in my car at work.

Evo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Blue Angels were practicing for an airshow in town this weekend. Snapped a few pics while i was a work. Taking these really makes me wish I had some L glass. These were shot with my Canon 75-300mm III. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

#1:
Blueandgelssmall5.jpg

#2:
BlueAngelssmall4.jpg

#3:
BlueAngelssmall3.jpg

#4:
BlueAngelssmall2.jpg

#5:
BlueAngelssmall.jpg

im not sure if L glass would have helped you because I use a sigma 135-400mm and its really slow on focus but what you got to do is shoot with both eyes open and track the planes and make sure the camera is in constant focus with the planes while you shoot. If you just pic up the camera and aim it at the planes and dont allow enough time for it to get in a sharp focus you dont end up with nice images. Maybe you do have a bad lens though Idk. I like the last shot but you have some dark edges (idk if thats post processing or not)

how much did you crop these? I'd be surprised of the 75-300 was really this bad. I can believe the light falloff, but not the lack of accurate focusing.

2, 3, and 4 i had to crop down a signifigant amount. The vignetting was done in post processing. I thought it might lessen the the appearance of dead space and put more focus on the planes themselves.

what's a significant amount? Out of curiosity, could you show an image that hasn't been cropped?

This is the shot that was cropped the most.

BlueAngeluncropped.jpg

Well I took a few more as they were over head again. I was able to get them a little sharper? C&C on the new batch?

#1B:
BlueAngelssmall5.jpg

#2B
BlueAngelssmall6.jpg

#3B
BlueAngelssmall7.jpg

Did you use a tripod? Was this at maximum zoom?

I didn't use a tripod. I didn't have it with me.

Why would you need to focus at all, set camera on manual focus and the lens at infinity?

That would never work.

The last 3 are better

Most reactions

New Topics

Back