Glamour Down on the Farm: Well, Sorta

JackRabbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did a shoot today with the lovely Maria and another local photographer named Jeff Thomas. Jeff*comes up with some of the most creative ideas that I have ever seen. *Originally, the theme was going to be glam-farmgirl but then we couldn't find a pitch fork (surprisingly no one has those in the suburbs of Southern California :p ) so we just did everything we were going to do just kind of abandoned the theme. *So anyways, here are my best photos from the day.*

Criticism would be nice as long as it is explained.*

OH YEAH!!!! I forgot two things:

1: I GOT A WEBSITE :) check it out homes: jackstrutzphoto

2: This is the first shoot I've done with the 1D Mark II. I was worried for a bit that it was going to be heavy over the course of the shoot but it really wasn't too bad. Phew. Anyways, yeah, check my website :)

4701912769_f991e2d702_b.jpg

4702547548_d422234946_b.jpg

4702548220_2fa6957d13_b.jpg

4702549060_c55fcec0b0_b.jpg

Hi,

Image 1: The framing is not working for me. Having her turned out of the photograph rather than into it is giving me a very squashed feeling. The background is very boring as well, although I'm happy to admit that could be just personal taste on my part, in any event I'd have liked so have seen another object in the middle ground just to add depth to the photograph.

Image 2: The position of the camera is too low and the light catching her face has created some nasty look shadows under her eyes, they look like bags from lack of sleep. This occurred in the first image as well but not to the same extent so it's not as noticeable.

Image 3: I'm not a fan of the desaturated look really so my commentary would be heavily biased, I'll leave this to someone else.

Image 4: The image is too dark. Her hands are positioned awkwardly on her hips (generally I tell models not to position their hands at severe angles as it creates very deep lines around their wrists which are then emphasised by shadow), and her stance is wrong, most likely as a result of incorrect placing of her feet. Overall she doesn't look at ease at all and this awkwardness is really coming through in this photograph for me. I think a pair of very sheer tights would have been in order here as well to help her legs photograph well.

Steve

I really like these photos. Can I ask about your lighting set-up?

in the first 2 pics the faces look touched up and have a smooth effect but the overhauls seem very sharp. It looks odd to me

I like the composition but the poses, made her look to manly if that was your intention well done, but if not I think you need to work more on women poses. keep up the great work.

I really like #2 !

#1 would have been a little bit better if angle was lower,

overall they are good shots, i like the lightning

Hair hair hair. Styling and you need a hairlight!

Well, the post processing is classy. The jeans textures are surreal but this makes it all stand out.

:lol:

I don't get why the desaturated one is desaturated, to be honest. Colour was obviously working for all of the other shots. : ) Two is posed a little awkwardly, as are her arms in the last shot.

I think generally they're pretty good.
I really like that whole idea you have of glamour on the farm.
My only thought is that in number four, she's positioned really awkwardly.
I would probably scrap that photo.
Good job though

Most reactions

Back