Glamour Head Shot of Jessie

reval8r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.astonishingportraits.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This glamour shot broke some of the basic rules, broad lighting and 1 1/2 overexposed on purpose, but I think it really works well in this case. CC welcome.

Jessie_040_web.jpg

I see you live in Springfield... Out of all the places I've lived (which is only three, I admit) it was by far my favorite. Its a great town!

Keep in mind I'm a beginner, but I'll still try and point out what I am seeing, as most any critique helps.

I think the smoothness of the skin is very good, as it looks practically flawless. And the eyes look almost painted, they're so vivid! The eyes look very white, much moreso than it seems they would naturally. I hate to say that it should be changed, cause I'm inexperienced at this, and I don't know what they would look like if they were a little less vivid. Maybe one of the more experienced photographers can follow me up and give you more technical details. Personally, I don't feel comfortable saying any more than I have.

I would like to see more photos, though, especially ones where I can see this pretty lady smile. I'm a sucker for a smiling girl, and I ask for more photos in almost every post I make expressing my opinion of a photo.

BTW, I don't want you to take anything I've said in a negative way. My opinion is just that, an opinion, and your photo is really good. I'd hate to think that you feel upset by something I post. :)

Have fun, and please post more photos!

Thanks for your comments, I do appreciate comments and critiques as I find them valuable to becoming a photographer.

Actually, this girl has amazing eyes and that's what I was after when I captured the image. What makes them more so is that I purposely over-exposed the image to give them more pop. They do need a little retouching, if you look closely you'll see they are somewhat blood shot. She also has good skin and virtually no post work was done in the image other than applying a slight soft-focus effect.

My wife and I became a transplants to Springfield five years ago from Little Rock, AR. It was suppose to be for only two years, but we're still so it can't be all bad. ;)

Since you asked for another photo with a pretty girl's smile, I'll grant your request. CC is welcome on this one also.

NishaVAPIM2474_025_web.jpg

I don't see anything.....

-Edit-
OK, I see them now.
Yeah, I think the overexposure does work really well on the first one. I like what you did with the soft focus effect too.

Last edited:
I like them but...... I'm not a fan of the skin. It looks fake. That is just a personal opinion though. And I'm not sure what changes you did in editing, but it appears as if the eyes and the mouth are really sharp and the rest of the picture isn't. I think what throws me off the most about that is the nose. It almost seems as if she doesn't have one. I think I would have that a little more sharpened. Nice capture of feeling. I am sure she loves them.

I like it. Ethereal and a little unreal, but in a cool way. The one side of her face might like a little more detail kept, but then again, it might make it less fey.

Kind of over edited, I think. I would love to see the originals.

Is this something like a high key potrait?

Wonderful shot and I really love the PP. I'm not usually a fan of the heavy processing, but this really looks like a painting and is beautifully done I think. Great job.

My folks live in Nixa and we make frequent trips to Springfield. I agree with the other person that it's a really great area.

For starters this isn't glamour. It's beauty.

More to the point, the face is screaming high-key but the background is too dark, which simply makes it look overexposed.

A reflector 45 degrees camera right would have worked well in the 1st photo I think. It would have brought some depth to her nose a bit...

Most reactions

Back