glass bulbs still life

plumkrazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This photo had window light from the right of the photo I thought the bulbs of the candles would be a cool subject. I posted this on another forum and got no replies. I really like it so was wondering what everyone else thought. I know it could have a tighter crop but I like the fireplace in the background.

0832749-R1-046-21Aedit_filteredforum.jpg

Oh dear. You didn't get any responses in here either. I'm sorry about that.

I think the problem is that people are confused by the image. They can't figure out what it is about.
The bulbs are interesting sure enough but they are too small in comparison so they get lost and are displaced as the centre of the photograph.
The fire is OK too but in relation to what is realy the subject matter it is too big and dominates the image. But it is out of focus so... It's also rather 'busy' and acts like interference which confuses everything.
I think you need to get the candles much nearer to the camera so they almost fill the frame and become the main focus. Then fit the fireplace in behind and throw it out of focus a bit more to lose some of the detail that is still there.
A reshoot would be worthwhile. There is a good picture in there but it is struggling to get out.

well I think that this thing in the centre is too distracting for me. I dunno if that is a basket or a part of a fireplace... oh.. no w8 maybe it is a table... ?? no matter what that is but it is distracting :)

i'm afraid , i couldn't figure out what you have on that table.

It is a picture worth exploring though. I can see there is reflections and refractions inside those glass things.

expolre the scene. do it again? tighter crop, have the fire place reflected through the glass bulbs , while you shoot closer ?

I think you are onto something , but it needs a little more exploration.

Hanno

Most reactions

New Topics

Back