glassy eyes

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I always ready this post and love to look at everyones work. I took these snapshots...they aren't portraits, just snapshots from a party...nothing I am super psyched about, just to demonstrate my question :)
zachsplaygroup023_DxO.jpg

zachsplaygroup057_DxO.jpg

zachsplaygroup053_DxO.jpg

All are blue eyed children and I am wondering how you are able to get that almost clear eyed effect on lighter eyes? As you can see, my photos come out with darker eyes.

Thanks for any advice!!

You have to over expose a little, and it helps to use a direct flash into the eyes. ( it looks like you were using a bounce flash. )

Also, some PP work to bring them out.

Yeah I was bouncing...if I used a bounce card, would it help? I cant imagine unleashing my flash into those tiny faces :)

A bounce card would help greatly! What i do to get the pretty eyes pictures of babies is to use my SB-800 wirelessly and bounce it, But then i also use the on camera flash as the commander. ( low power, but enough to fill in the shadows, and bring out the eyes a little. Then a little PP to finish it off. :D Hope i could help.

well looking at the name of this thread and looking at the images I wouldnt consider them glass eyes. The eyes are a tad bit out of focus and just watery. I consider really good eyes the ones that are super sharp and u can see all the colors and lines in the eye and then see a specular highlight that gives it that glass appearance.

well looking at the name of this thread and looking at the images I wouldnt consider them glass eyes. The eyes are a tad bit out of focus and just watery. I consider really good eyes the ones that are super sharp and u can see all the colors and lines in the eye and then see a specular highlight that gives it that glass appearance.

Obviously you didn't read the whole post silly!:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back