Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here I am, the absolute no-car-photographer, proudly presenting you this:

22_VWKferHastedt.jpg

It is not mine, nor do I know who it belongs to. I only happened to see it parked where it was when I toured the area for nice photos of farmsteads and just COULD not leave it unphotographed. So white. So shiny. So old. A treasure!

i had two beetles back in the day and really liked them! nice shot, but i really like the design of the structure in the background...again, great colors! have you purchased a new camera by any chance?

JonMikal said:
...have you purchased a new camera by any chance?

In answer to this question, let me tell you that after my little fall-out with the people from the swim club, I had to hand them back the digital camera that had been in my possession for about half a year, but by then I had got so used to the "instant gratification" aspect of digital photography that I did not want to be without a digital camera for even a day. So I immediately got myself this little Canon Powershot A95 (more or less just point-and-shoot) to have a back-up digital camera. This also went on my photo tour with me yesterday, and the photos shown here right now (this one, the windmill and the Lower Saxony Farmsteads Part 2) are digital photos - unlike most of my others so far presented. But I filled five rolls of film, too, yesterday morning, so by tomorrow I hope to find out that the outcome on film was good, too.

Since I'm "at work" here on TPF, I might as well show you the other Beetle-and-Farmhouse photos, right?

56_HofVWKferHastedt.jpg

57_VWKferinHastedt.jpg

(Mark the much newer and yet much older car in the background ;))

I really like the first one but I don't know why. It is odd to have the car so far from the barn but for this shot it works for me.

Eric

Eric, actually there's a house to the left outside the photo, and the Beetle is parked on those people's driveway. Plus I don't know the car owner, nor did anyone place it there for me, or so that I'd take its photo. It just happened to be there and caught my attention, what with its being a Volkswagen Beetle (which have vintage car status by now) and its very clean and shiny white :).

Oh! My all time favourite car... some day I'm definitely gonna get one. When I can afford to look after it, that is.

As for the pictures, these are excellent! I really love the colours of the farmhouse in contrast with the whiteness of the car. Great work.

I love these. :thumbup:

I really like the last two best, I think its because the top of that beautiful barn is not cut off. The bright white beatle looks great with all of the colours captured in the background.

love the first shot, great capture, you have some really nice colourful buildings round your neck of the woods lafoto, you always come up with those great shots.

Nicley taken photos, and I like the colors, really great!

however, I think that the motive is kinda boring, but I am no car lover, i cant see any feeling at all, the car and the barm splits themselves from history as much as they can wich somehow makes it a bad touch... maybe a old time wagoon would be better....

but like I said I am no car lover... and it was a good photo :D

Very nice photos,I like the second one better. I am being a bit picky here,but if you have access to ps7 or whatever and add a little snap to the background colours to match the beetle,then it might be a stronger balance.
Somehow the white of the car fits right in to the photo. Good one. :)

Here's a scan from one of my prints (from film) that I took on the same occasion:

57a_VWKferinHastedt.jpg

And art_tesian, no: no more access to Photoshop at all, sorry. The old version I had won't run with WindowsXP, which we've only been using for the past couple of weeks now. So I must go with what I have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back