glowing skin? how to achieve this affect...

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I'm going to be shooting a nude model in the coming weeks and I wanted her skin to have a bit of a soft glow to it. My biggest issue is lack of equipment-simply a sony dSLR and homemade bounce card. We'll be shooting on a bed by window light. Oh yeah, so as to diffuse the whole thing, i was going to drape some nylon over the camera lens. Probably going to shoot color but output them as B&W.

I'm thinking use babyoil or skin cream on her to achive the "glow"? Thanks for anyones input!

Honestly, post process with picasa, use the glow effect. Without more lights it will be hard to get a glow straight up. lotion/moisturizer with help, but without more light it won't do much.

There are several articles about shooting nudes in one of the major photo mags right now.. pop on over to the book store for a few hours and check it out if you can. :thumbup:

As for as the Effect, great that you are doing it in camera! I'm such a PS freak I thought for sure you were looking for post techniques.

-Shea

I've only ever "done" nude photos in my mind. Never in reality (for lack of a willing model, and I myself no good for such photos any longer :oops: ), but I've always imagined working with a hidden desklight behind my assumed model for the "outline" effect. But, like I said, I've never so far tried it so I don't know if it WOULD work....

Thanks for all your feedback! Sounds like a lot of just speculation so far...i don't have Picasa? I'd like to do it all in camera, sounds like it'll be some trial N error.

a diffusion filter on your camera perhaps?.. or go DIY, smear a little petroleum jelly (Vasaline) on to an old skylight filter or something like that.. can add and remove as required.

PIcasa 2 is free. Google it.

Simply put, without lighting, it's going to be hard to achieve this look naturally. I would recommend using the window as your main light source, and then bouncing some light off of her using a reflector:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rembrandt_lighting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back