Go ahead . . .say it . .

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
. . .I'm being a forum hog.... and yes, I've posted pics from this wedding before.

I'm, just sooooooooooo excited about how these photos turned out that I wanted to post. Now that I feel more confident in my post-production program, I wanted to see what you all thought.

Tear em apart if ya need to - I put them on here for completely open critique. If anyone has suggestions on how I could've edited these better in PS, please let me know! So far I've been madly in love with the diffuse glow!

Laughing.jpg

PickingPetals.jpg

Justmarried.jpg

Bridesmaid.jpg

Becker180.jpg

Standingbymom.jpg

Thedads.jpg

Walking.jpg

FlowerGirl.jpg

i like the shots......

I find them very pleasing, only two real complaints, one of them has a little glare on the lens, and a couple of the highlights are a little blown out.

I find them very pleasing, only two real complaints, one of them has a little glare on the lens, and a couple of the highlights are a little blown out.

Hmmmmm....i disagree - I feel that the glare rings on that photo gives another element to that photo. Agreed that in some photos - rings are not wanted - but in this particular shot, i think it adds character ;). BUUUUT that is totally based on personal opinion :)

|Brock|

Without getting into the technical aspects of the shots, these are amazing examples of photojounalistic coverage.
Very well done!!!

Thank you Mesoam, OldNavy170, PhotoginCollege, Hammerhead and Heip for taking the time to post.

PhotoInCollege: I did the lens burn on purpose - I think it can add an airy feel to a photo but I agree, it definitely isn't for everyone. When I give these to the bride, I am also including the images w/o the flare just in case *wink*

Heip: thank you . . . your comments really made my day. I find the more experience I get, the more I really enjoy exploring the photojournalistic aspects of photography. I guess that is just the "people watcher/voyeur" in me . . . So, what you said really touched me. Thank you so much...

the third shot is brilliant....i like the flare...is it real or added? doesnt matter..it TOTALLY works! the shot of the girl of the door is priceless....the only one i dont like it the woman in black...the diffuse glow added is too strong and she appears 'weird' for lack of a better judgement! ha...

Yeah i see what you mean on the flare, actually the more i look at it the more i like it, just at first it seemed to be a little distracting to the eye, but your right it does fit the photo. the first one is my favorite though, can i ask did you ask her to make that face or just right place right time kinda deal? That look is priceless.

#3 is hot hot hot! be proud. the bride will LOVE it! the lens flare works brilliantly in this shot! - so is it 'real' or added in photoshop? - either way, it is hot! congrats x

There all nice except #5 looks disturbingly cartoonish.

Emogirl & Jemmy: The flare in photo three was somewhat natural in that in was there in the upper right corner of the photo but there was no actual "circular sun flare" in the picture. So... I did do some PS work to make the flare really stand out and create the circle on the grooms shoulder :)

PhotoginCollege: No, in all of the pics I've posted here, none of them were posed. All were merely the "right place, right time". Having my 70-300mm lens helped. I find it my favorite when trying to get "real moment" shots.

Emogirl: I actually agree with you on the diffuse glow on the woman. I liked the painted effected but now also think it makes her neck look very weird. Definitely will re-do that one . . . .

Thanks to all for taking the time to look/post!

In #6 with the little girl, but more so #8 with the bride, their arms are cut off. The bride one is the only one that really bugs me, but it's just cut off at a weird place and I feel she should be fully in the frame. The little girl is really cute though, and I like the line of people behind the bride in #8.

These are nice - the one with the lens flare is actually the money shot for me, as well as the last with the flower girl in teh door. I agree with S2K1 about the arms in the close one with the flower girl: the composition looks like a shot of an arm to the right, with a little armless girl. I think it could be cropped really effectively, though - she's got a great face!

Also: am I detecting vignetting? Filter frames?

All in all - nice shots!

Vignetting - YES!!!!! I can't stop using it! LOVE IT!

Thank you shuylercat and S2K1 - now that you pointed the arms out, I think I'll give the bride those AND ones where it is topped in tighter on the littler girl. So you don't notice the fact that she is missing an arm as much! THank you for the CCs!

Most reactions

Back