GO CANADA GO!

The Summer games was the same, China the host country, took the most Gold medals (51) but the US still took the most medals overall.

Fun fact:
USA- Highest Medal Count in history @ 2,547 to include the most Gold @ 1,016

2nd USSR- Accumulated 1,204
3rd Great Britain- 737
4th France- 730
5th Germany- 718
6th Italy- 627
7th Sweden- 603
13th China- 430
14th Russia- 408
15th Canada- 404
16th Japan- 398

Up to date as of 27FEB2010

;)

America! F*** Yeah!

God I love this country. :thumbup:

We were talking about this at work one day, and the general feeling was that the reason we have pulled in the most medals is because of our diversity.
We have such a diverse mix of people, we have someone for any event. For an example, African Americans have a strong advantage in the summer speed events, usually only rivaled by other countries with participants of African decent, think Bolt from Jamaica.

This Olympics was such a pleasure. I remember watching so many that was nothing more than the "Cold War spilleth over"...

I just finished watching the closing ceremonies on the DVR, and from your neighbors to the south..... I think this shot from my TV says it all.

Thanks.jpg

! oh.. and im pretty proud of our beer too :)

no worries, we have beer that's just as good. I promise.

Ignore the big 3 and all of their fizzy piss.
You can have your frozen slapstick silly games, but don't claim your brew is better LOL

(not saying it's worse either....apples 'n apples! )

Gonna miss the Olympics... We had it on constantly. YEAH CANADA!

By the way, I LOVE the medals! The design and story to them are fantastic!

We were talking about this at work one day, and the general feeling was that the reason we have pulled in the most medals is because of our diversity.
We have such a diverse mix of people, we have someone for any event. For an example, African Americans have a strong advantage in the summer speed events, usually only rivaled by other countries with participants of African decent, think Bolt from Jamaica.

I would think one of the reasons the US usually pulls in a good medal haul is that they have almost always had a big number of athletes there. When you send 300+ to the Olympics, you have bigger chance of getting more medals.

That, coupled with the fact that the US has always had good athletic programs at various levels means that they willl routinely churn out good athletes.

Just goes to show that if you pump the money in, you'll get results. Australia had a great Olympic program prior to Sydney and they had a huge haul in the summer olympics. Canada finally started putting in the money for Vancouver and we end up with our biggest haul and 14 golds.

The US has been putting serious money into its winter olympics programs since just before Salt Lake City, and now we are seeing the true results of such a program.

So yeah, its a sum of how much money can your country spend in athletic and olympic programs and training and how many people can you afford to send to the olympics.

I would think one of the reasons the US usually pulls in a good medal haul is that they have almost always had a big number of athletes there. When you send 300+ to the Olympics, you have bigger chance of getting more medals.

That, coupled with the fact that the US has always had good athletic programs at various levels means that they willl routinely churn out good athletes.

Just goes to show that if you pump the money in, you'll get results. Australia had a great Olympic program prior to Sydney and they had a huge haul in the summer olympics. Canada finally started putting in the money for Vancouver and we end up with our biggest haul and 14 golds.

The US has been putting serious money into its winter olympics programs since just before Salt Lake City, and now we are seeing the true results of such a program.

So yeah, its a sum of how much money can your country spend in athletic and olympic programs and training and how many people can you afford to send to the olympics.

WORD!

And our beer is no doubt supreme. We dont have the population that exists south of the border, so in turn we have more alcohol to go around. Hence stronger, more robust beverages. The yanks have watered down to feed the troops :lol:

Great game though. Would have been sad to watch Canada lose in their own house.

I worked with the Canadian Navy for 3 years and they did seem to shun anything Quebec, unless they were from the region, then they just caught **** all the time.

Most were irritated everything had to be in English & French, but in Quebec they get away with a whole lot of just French only.

Most reactions

Back