bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
..and their Thanksgiving Holiday.

SHORT WORK WEEK EVERYONE!!!!@#

WOOTBIKOR!!!

Office is getting beer Wednesday at noon. Think I might go home and spend some time with the fam. Although, they're not really doing anything because they don't have a holiday.

Might try and get some Christmas shopping done or something.

A 2.5 day work week for me, to be exact. :mrgreen: We're closing early on Wednesday and going out for a luncheon, then heading home. Life is good!

whats thanksgiving again?!.... sounds like your just va bunch of slackers to me :mrgreen: ... mind you i haven't got enough work this week anyway, so my half week is un-voluntary lol.

Thanksgiving is about remembering our forefathers and laughing at silly Pilgrim outfits. It is about giving thanks for what you have, and an excuse to be off work and cook up a fabulous, elaborate meal that leads to feeling guilty and doing extra crunches at the gym. It is the ushering in of the "holiday season" and thinking of ways for it to NOT drive you crazy this year. ;)

Personally, it's my favorite holiday, because I like to cook and hang out at home, and have football on the TV in the background. It's super relaxing for me.

aw terri your thanksgiving sounds sweet as.... i wanna come round!
If i went by what US tv shows convey thanksgiving to be, i'd think that it was a time to argue with family members and each year someone different is responsible for ruining it :mrgreen: .... plus you do the turkey thing right.... mmmmmm.

I'd love to have you join us! :) Thanksgiving is also about sharing with friends!

Although this year we are shunning the roast turkey and I am making a crown rib roast instead. Just a little something different.

bace said:
..and their Thanksgiving Holiday.

SHORT WORK WEEK EVERYONE!!!!@#

Not for everyone :er: .

Those of us working overseas have just another work day. :er: And no extra pay. :(

I think I might cook a turkey just for fun.

Does anyone have any tips for cooking a small bird? Temperature settings? Basting? Stuffing? My Dad says he usually puts an apple in the rear? With some stuffing?

Anything else I should know?

Ahaa, my very first American Thanksgiving. And we're invited to an 'orgy of food'...(not my own words). And I like food. A lot. Can't wait!

(Is there a Thanksgiving thread each year? )

pascal

I thought about cooking myself a turkey, even though I no longer have a boyfriend to share it with....

...but then I remembered that my landlord still hasn't fixed my oven. :grumpy:

Can ya tell I'm not excited about Thanksgiving this year?

bace said:
I think I might cook a turkey just for fun.

Does anyone have any tips for cooking a small bird? Temperature settings? Basting? Stuffing? My Dad says he usually puts an apple in the rear? With some stuffing?

Anything else I should know?
You can get a beautifully roasted turkey in the 12 pound range. Terri's Perfect Turkey: I don't ever put stuffing in the cavity; it gets too moist and I don't care for that texture. :thumbdown: I rinse my bird with cold water and arrange him on a greased cookie rack that will fit inside my baking pan. I always line the baking pan heavily, from side to side, with tin foil so I never have to wash it. :mrgreen:

I leave the turkey to stand at room temp for about an hour before roasting. I like to preheat the oven to 450. The minute I put the bird in, I reduce the heat to a more modest 350 degrees; the high heat will sear the outside skin and you get a very juicy bird. Roast for either 15 minutes a pound, or go the easy way and use a meat thermometer. I've come to love those pop-up timers.

And don't waste the turkey carcass; they make a fabulous turkey-vegetable soup when it's all done! :D

PS I almost forgot: drink a lovely pinot noir with this bird. Fabulous!

You don't like Moist Turkey?

terri said:

You're the one who said it.

No but seriously. If you preheat and sear the skin it won't be dry? I don't like dry Turkey. If that's the way to get juicy turkey then you're my hero.

Most reactions

Back