God Bless The Dead C&C

Selective coloring on this is ok...not always my thing. I do think if you were down a little lower and shooting across as opposed to down, it would be better.

Yeah I was just trying it out and this was the first time trying it out, I will try it again later with a better photo

Tone down the selective coloring a tad and a shot of a headstone one can read would be nice.

I would say try getting down lower and move more in front of the headstone a bit. i for one am not a fan of the selective coloring

i'm gonna be original and say that... i don't like the selective coloring...

i feel like the flag would stand out anyways... don't see too much that could make the red/white/blue not stand out by itself...

composition is not great imo either... u have your big color BAM right in middle of frame... now it draw my eye right to the middle... now why should i even bother looking anywhere else...

ok lemme take that back i looked at photo again... first thing i see if flag... then the tree shadow draws me right to the back/top of the frame... and thats it

Well I actually like selective coloring, but two critiques. One, get lower. Two, should have the flag pointing the right direction.

may I ask why not?

Sure, I'm not a fan of selective coloring for the most part. If I am, its usually a VERY rare occasion. Just not my thing that's all

There is a ton of distractions in this shot. Too much coverage.

I would experiment shots from different angles, and I definitely agree with the lower angle as part of the change. Seeing the headstone and flag from different angles should be interesting.

When I think of thanking the dead, I was thinking it was going to be an older headstone.
Maybe it is just me, but I would do the same kind of shot with an older headstone and compare shots.

I do not know if you placed the flag there, so you may need to bring a flag with you.
Also, you may want to find a grave site that has hills. The elevation change may help your shot.
Sorry, I am just thinking of the different possibilities.
I have been thinking of the different grave sites by me. My morbid mind has been looking that way for a few months now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back