God Love The Nurses

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
View attachment 124691 My photo activities have been severely limited by my wife being in the hospital. They tend to frown on taking pictures on the floor. Couldn't resist this one though. On our daily walks around the floor we kept seeing name tags on the mobile computer terminals. My curiosity got the best of me and I asked the charge nurse. Seems they are called "Computers On Wheels" or "Cows" for short. Nurses being busy took to the shortened term. Apparently it didn't take long for the "PC" crowd to take action. They were terrified that a patient might overhear a nurse telling someone to "bring me that cow", and forbid the nurses from using the term again under threat of reprimands. The last thing you do is threaten a nurse. So in retaliation they put cow name tags on. There was Matilda, Gertrude, Clementine, just about every name you could imagine. Since they had a few male nurses they even had a Ferdinand so they wouldn't feel left out. So "suck it up Buttercup " your "PC" world got one upped by a nurse.

20160714_103917-1_resized.jpg

Get em one of these. They will love it.

Hope the wife gets feeling better.

Thanks, just another bump in the road when dealing with cancer. Each new day is a blessing and brings us one day closer to a cure. We've enjoyed 7 years of control by conventional therapy, but now time to up the game. Currently undergoing Stem Cell transplant.

Most reactions

Back