Goggles (Feel free to say what I should have done differently when taking the photo or in editing)

Bismuthrainbow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I added the color because I felt it fit the goggles, but please tell me your opinion
goggles.jpg

Because of the very shallow dof, All I can really see at first and second look is two strong circles floating in the middle of the frame. Looking closer, it looks like you painted in the blur in an editing program. Learn to get the correct depth of field in shot and you will greatly improve your final product. Then a little more on framing. The leather (?) parts behind the lenses are important for identifying these as goggles. Turning the goggles slightly more to the side will show more of the other parts and help with identity.

Had you simply moved back some you could have effectively increased your DOF without changing your settings. These remind me of some old welding googles that hung in the shop, as I remember they were a dark, dirty green. I'm not a real fan of your color choice, I believe either a HDR color or a B&W would have worked better. Also is that a reflection in the left lens, or something added post? If post, I'd remove it, and let the background show, if a reflection then burn in the right lens so background doesn't show through as a distraction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back