going downhill

oh ****, oh ****, oh ****.

principal talked to me -- said she heard about "vodka in water bottles".... I played it completely cool and said I was "pretending," but god, now i'm scared ****less.

definitely NOT doing anything near the school anymore.

oh god.... oh my god i'm lucky.

plus a hangover and varsity field hockey game (I'm the captain of the team, too) does not mix well.

but is it really wrong to get trashed at parties? kind of like, separate my school and family from my friends. I know a lot of people that are great students, but they are gone on the weekends.
buuuh.

As far as I'm concerned the being trashed is a stupid idea period if you're that drunk especially at parties you're putting yourself in a really bad position. If you let yourself lose control who knows what kind of std's you'll end up with (I don't care if you think you can control yourself you can't control everybody and if you're drunk they can control you).

Just because you've had a drink, doesn't mean you're going to end up an alcoholic. i used to go out and get drunk with my mates and then go to school the next day with a hangover when i was 15, and i'm not an alcoholic. infact i barely drink at all these day and i'm 31.

It's just the novelty or curiousity of drinking that attracts you at that age. Now that youv'e got it out your system, Just put it down to experience and a lucky escape from the principal and move on.

:)

Awesome post.
Thanks so much for the advice -- really, it means a lot.

Having a drink doesn't mean you need to go to AA, but if you are doing it to get away from stress or problems that is the wrong reason to drink. I have been raped at a party I was drunk at. The worst part the party was in MY house I was raped in MY bed. It took me years to get over it and sometimes it still shows it's nasty face. If you have a drink or two make sure you stay in control. I am not trying to scare you but things can spiral out of controll fast. As far as drinking at school just consider it a lesson learned, never do it again. watch the alcohol consumption also if you are in high school are you of age to buy?? I have seen too many people get there record ruined legally because of MIP's and DUI's before they were even 21. If this is your "friends" idea of fun as much as it might hurt to do it, it might to time to get new friends. This is just my 2 cents on the issue. I did drink in high school to get away from problems it never made them better. Although I can "Enjoy" a beer every now and then with no problem and not getting drunk.

If you have a drink or two make sure you stay in control.

Which is exactly why I limit myself to two drinks, regardless of the situation. It's way too easy to write it off as youthful fun but I didn't want to live with a decision influenced by alcohol for the rest of my life. Jail, hurting someone, my health, my mental state, whatever.

Ain't worth it.

Some good advice here. I'm amazed that you even have the opportunity to drink at high school, but maybe things have changed since I was your age. I do know that had I ever drunk alcohol during the day at school I would have been expelled. First time, with no warnings. Now that HAS changed.

But don't worry - the very fact that you've made your post here means that you are in control, just experimenting and learning. So long as you want to stop you'll have no problem doing so, and there's no risk of you becoming an alcoholic. For that to happen you would have to have lost personal control. Just don't do it again!

Most reactions

Back