Going for that vintage look. Looking for comments!

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this in a very neglected corner of my barn.. I was going for the vintage/old look, so how did I do?

OldCorner.jpg

Embarassingly, nothing was staged.. That bottle with the rag in it has probably been there for 20 years. That plug hanging down next to the window goes to fluorescent lights overhead with 8' bulbs that are nearly impossible to get now..

It seems to green to me for the vintage look, but I am NOT any type of expert so I dunno.

Looks great to me with the cobwebs & bottle. I also like the colors
Troy

Looks great to me with the cobwebs & bottle. I also like the colors
Troy

Thanks. Yes, those are authentic cobwebs, and I'm wondering just how to showcase them properly...

The word vintage lead me to expect some clean old fashioned styles from the 50's -60's.

Great shot and nice colors!

Thank you. The cobwebs are really disgusting, and I think they've caused a few of my tools to go missing, but I can't prove it!

really like the set up, i would change the color to a tritones with lots of browns which for me would make it even older looking.

just my 2 cents'

How about a close up of just the cobwebs ??
Troy

sweet to have a photo 20 years in the making finally come to fruitation ;)

The shot is very interesting. :)

Personally...I would love to see this shot taken again with a holga camera. :) I think that would do the trick.

I played with it some (combonation of 3 different actions/filters) and here's what I got:

OldCorner.jpg

Heh, ya, I like it, too.. it even has a hint of Holga :sexywink:

Try giving a slight tint of blue instead, that tends to be closer to the vintage look. Although green has its own feel =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back