going on a trip

blooper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey everyone, im going to san fran this coming summer. its gonna be a long road trip from L.A.. if anyones got some tips, i'd sure like to hear them.

id like to find some cool stops on the way there to take a few pics, but my main concern is storage. not just a carrying case for my camera, but memory most importantly. im worried i wont have enough memory for the whole trip. so if anyones got some cool devices to suggest, that'd be great.

i've thought about getting an ipod and carrying that as an external hd and transfer the pix through my lap top. but id like to avoid bringing my lap top the whole trip if i could. so if anyone knows of some devices that doesnt require a lap top or computer to transfer the files, id like to hear about it.

im gonna have a total of 6GB worth of cf cards when i go, ill be there for a good 4-7 days. i dont know if thats enough.

WOW!! if you are going on a 4-7 day trip and expect to fill 6 gigs of memory and you have anything higher than a 6-8mp camera you are taking way too many pics. I know my D70s (6mp) puts 300 or so pics on a 1G card so if you do the math that is what, 1800 images I got to say even I who takes way too many pictures on a vacation could not take THAT many. Really it seems to me the beauty of digital is being able to edit your pictures in-camera in the past I would take way too many pictures just to make sure I got the shot if you still fill all those cards with editing I think you are overdoing it a little.

yea.. i was thinking 6GB might be enough anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back