going on a trip

blooper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i mentioned before that im going on a road trip up north to the bay area. on the way, im expecting to stop by the shore and take some pix of hte beaches. are there any suggested lenses that i should bring with me so that i get some exquisite pix?

i use a 350D along with the (below) standard kit lens and a 50mm 1.8. id be using the kit mostly for its wide angle and 50mm for nights out wiht my friend.

if there are any other lenses or equipment i should bring along, i'd like to hear it.

You're a bit skimpy on details. Assuming that your kit lens is of the standard 18-55 variety (not sure what you mean by "below"), you should be in decent shape. The only likely addition would be a longer lens, like a 70-300 (or longer) zoom, but that might not be really useful. Then again, you never know until you get there and (for example) those whales are breaching offshore...

i would be doing alot of walking around when i get to san fran. so there would probably be alot of shots of buildings. on the way, we were planning to stop by big sur to enjoy the sight. and after san fran, we might take a plane to seattle for the 4th of july.

i might be able to borrow a 70-300 from a buddy of mine. but i dont know if id get much use from it.

(i said below, cuz i never could get good shots at night with it =X)

For outdoor shots you might want to keep a polarizing filter and a graduated neutral density filter close by. Cokin makes some good grad. ND filters and they produce some amazing skies.

great idea. i think ill look into polarizers. mm, you think lens hoods will be usefull too then? ive been thinking about getting one for my 50 for a while now, just never agreed to paying 20+ for that piece of plastic. but definitely a polarizer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back