Going to barbados any tips?

Seelow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kinda of new here but have been lurking for a while. We're heading out to Barbados for vacation this week. Just wondering a about a few things. First off I have a d5000 with 18-200mm VR nikon. Should I bring a tripod? I'm more then likely never going back there and would like some really nice captures but I don't really want to lug to much stuff around. Can it go in carry on or checked baggage? I'm Bringing a hoya UV and circular polarizer. But was kinda of worried about the brightness of the island would a ND filter be a good addition also? Any tips tricks would be appreciated.

How much have you used the camera? The worse thing anybody can do is get something new, never really use it and expect to be able to use it correctly right away. I live in a household that does exactly that, I try to preplan for "complicated" items but nobody else does.

You probably don't need a tripod. I would keep it as carry on luggage and put it under the seat in front of you - no way to be smashed or banged about. No ND filter ... use aperture and shutter speed. Don't really need UV except for protecting the lens, polarizing filter will give nice sky scenes - just remember I think your lens rotates when focusing - pre focus and then set polarizer.

Tips: 1/3 rule may apply; try framing scenes with trees, huts or buildings;if you are really not that familiar with the camera - use auto or programmed mode; bring plenty of sunscreen for yourself and enjoy!

A good ND filter would be nice to have.

If you have a decent point and shoot, I would bring that and only that. More important than photos is to have fun, get drunk, and relax on the beach.

p!nK

Going to barbados any tips? .

Have a Banks beer for me. And if you're near the Harbour Lights around midnight, there's a lady selling hot dogs that will make your taste buds do backflips.

And yes...take the tripod :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back