Going to BC - West Coasters please advise!

Dynamic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
West Coasters !

I'll be going to Vancouver in the next week and would like to know if anyone can recommend any good shooting spots in the area. We'll spend a few days around Vancouver and will definitely go for a ride through the rockies. If anyone could recommend a few good spots for bird photography, I'd really appreciate it !

Thanks !

I was going to say Oregon was your best choice for photography :D but then you said birds. I'm sorry to say that there are a few spots in Washington that are hard to beat when it comes to bird photography though. The place I see some of the best bird shots coming out of is the Skagit area just east of Mount Vernon. That might be a little further south than you want to go, but it does have some great migratory birds there. If you do get down that way you can find out more from the people that shoot there the most at this site here: http://www.nwphotographers.net/forum/

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be going south of the border but I'll definitely keep the site in mind for the future. We'll be staying close to Stanley Park in Vancouver so maybe that place will have something to offer. I am just hoping for some good picture opportunities and fall colors in the rockies... but we'll see how it goes.

Cheers.

Yes, that is a bit far to drive unless you have a lot of time. But there is a lot of great areas around Vancouver as well. Hopefully you will get some nice weather while you are there. Most of the rain storms from the Gulf of Alaska have been pushing through North of us (I'm in Portland) but they are starting to come down our way as well. October is a transistional month so you don't know what kind of weather you will get.

Good luck and have fun.

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back