Going to College

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Next year I am going to college and going to be staying in a dorm. I want to have my camera equipment with me, but I don't believe it would be safe to leave it in the room ($5,000+ of equipment). I was wondering if there was anything I could use to keep my gear from being stolen.

Thanks,
Chris

1) bring it with you anywhere you go
2) buy insurance (what most ppl do)
3) keep them in a locked safe
4) GPS tagged them (just like what you do with car)
5) Hide them good.....whatever that means to you

I think buying a safe and insurance would be a good idea.

A safe would probably be a good idea...but keep in mind that a lot of security will draw more attention from those who would want to steal it. Maybe just ditch the camera bag for a diaper bag...who would steal a diaper bag?

Insurance would be good.

Maybe call the college and ask them what security is like. I'm sure that plenty of students have plenty of expensive things like lap tops, cell phones, cameras, I-pods etc...

Dorms = no security. Anyone who's been in any dorm knows that.

Buy a safe, i'm not even kidding.

which college? buy a safe and get insurance, no problems. By the way, check your parents homeowners coverage. It probably covers you in the dorm, double check your camera and computer and anything else especially valuable are covered. With a safe, you should have no problems. People in frats and dorms go for the easy stuff, with a safe I never had a problem in the dorm or frat.

Do you have a roommate? If you are in a single room like I am here at college there is a simple thing, it is called locking your door. Most colleges have dead bolt locks and the only key is the one you get for it... Now if a roommate comes into play, then it will be a little more tricky. But, a safe that you can put in your closet that you get in your typical dorm room should do the trick. The only theft that has occurred in the dorm rooms here is when people leave there rooms and leave them obviously unlocked, essentially stupidity is the only way people get things stolen from their own room.

Most reactions

Back