Going To Do Something I Never Do....................

snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
................... get up before 10:00am!!!!!!!!!!! :boogie:

Have the alarm set for 6:00am, going to go out to the wildlife refuge and try to catch the sunrise. Maybe some bracketing for hdr, but I also want to start learning how to use the Big Stopper near the water, mountains and such. Any tips?!

Get you're exposure. Try and get as good a histogram as you can. Add the big stopper, use the provided cheat-sheet, but then re-check your histogram. Their cheat-sheet works well but depending on exposure I've found can be up to 15-20 seconds off on longer exposures. The big stopper runs between 9.5-10.75 stops or so, I believe. Since they are all hand dipped and such they aren't all PERFECTLY ten stops. Also, have fun! Lee filters make a photographer happy :)

Cheers!
Jake

P.S., I look forward to the results!

I like your ambition. It's the difference between a photographer and a tourist. But I also like sunrise, sunsets. Have fun!

Using some flash on the foreground can make nice sunrise photos.

Oh! And the Big-Stopper at true sunrise might be overkill, so be mindful of that. You might not want to shoot all the way at f22... maybe f11.

Never would have thought of flash for sunrises! Thanks! Jake, I have the little cheat sheet, but I also got an app for that on my phone. Will beat fumbling with that little piece of paper!

Never would have thought of flash for sunrises! Thanks! Jake, I have the little cheat sheet, but I also got an app for that on my phone. Will beat fumbling with that little piece of paper!

Wanna know a secret? Use some packing tape and tape it to the back of the tin!

623579ff2bd2fe70b2515268b4e33ef4.jpg

I bet he went back to bed :801:

From the title I thought he went out and bought a real camera :1219:

This is one of those defining moments

I recall when DBJ got his *new* equipment .... then went off and decided to be a real photographer. :biglaugh:

Talk about performance anxiety!! Any fluffers around?!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Most reactions

New Topics

Back