Going to Japan, have $1000 for a new quiver of lenses.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Lackoffunding, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Lackoffunding

Lackoffunding TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey there,

I am probably going to study in japan for a semester next year and need some advice on what lenses I should get. I really want to do a lot of photography over there, and currently I shoot with an old digital rebel. The only lens I have for it is the kit lens from an old film rebel and it is bashed to sh*t. Full of dents and dirt, it is basically a paperweight. So I just bought a 50mm 1.8 for portraiture, but now I have 1000 dollars to spend on other lenses.

I would like to have a few lenses that could satisfy the following...

-walkaround
    -portraiture (but the 50mm should handle that)
    -Landscape (wide angle zoom?)
    -macro (not sure if it is in the budget, but I would love it)

I just need to base this decision off of the going ebay rate of the lenses, and if it is worth my while to spend an extra 3-400 bucks I might be able to scrounge it up.

I dont know if this will help, but here is my flickr so you can see what type of stuff I shoot...

http://flickr.com/photos/8134714@N05/

Thanks so much!

Graeme

2. JustAnEngineer

JustAnEngineer TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Would the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 meet your walkaround, portrait and landscape needs?

Would the Kenko extension tube set for your 50mm f/1.8 be satisfactory for macro work?