Going to the zoo, the zoo, the zoo, how about you? you? you?

Abstract

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went to the zoo Monday to have a play with my new camera. Canon 350D with the kit lens 18-55mm I forgot to take my spare memory card and my laptop to transfer the files off :lol: so I only had space for 251 images... saying that with the lack of skill and limited lens capability I'm fairly pleased with my first set of photos. Feel free to be very critical though I want to learn how to make it better :mrgreen:

Tiger4.jpg

I quite like this picture of the Tiger... however I think my cropping is off, the image isn't "sharp" enough and I could have got it better if I'd got lower down and was looking at him face on rather than looking down on him... maybe I'm being too critical for my first attempt? hehe he's a sweet Tiger though and a complete poser!!

prairiedog.jpg

A Prairie Dog, he doesn't look very real though...

Will upload some more a bit later don't want to scare y'all too much at once ;)

That really cute, posing look of the tiger compensates for the little mistakes that you yourself are enumerating (and which I did see, but then we are so pampered on here with amazing photos of wild cats by our absolute zoo-photo-experts that competition is fierce ;) ... don't mean it quite in that way, we all just come to learn). None of the others has ever presented us a tiger looking out of the photo in this friendly manner :). So there :D.

Well it has to be good I've spotted my mistakes right? and if there are more (sure there is :lol: ) feel free to point them out!!! I am going to keep hold of this picture as a reference, in a years time I will compare my newer shots with this and hopefully see an improvement. If there is no improvement a year from today there will be a nice bargain for sale on ebay :sexywink: hehe

Most reactions

Back