Golden Age

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by gizmo2071, Mar 15, 2007.

1. gizmo2071

gizmo2071 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

I could once have been a star.
    In the Golden Age.
    I could have rocked with the best.

My lyrics were true and my tone was blue.
    I would have be king.
    In the Golden Age.

[​IMG]

and "Looking down....."
    [​IMG]

C&C really is most welcomed :D

[​IMG]
    And another from the set.
    I was aiming for a halo effect, but the red background was a bad choice as it went pink and doesn't really fit with the image that I was aiming for.

2. gizmo2071

gizmo2071 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Blimey.
    I'm having no luck creating images that people enjoy to comment on lately :blushing:
    I wonder what my Muse is playing at... :badangel:

3. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry to be the first poster and to give negative comments but I assume you wanted some feedback, else you wouldn't have posted. I think the biggest negative for me is the posing with him grabbing at his collar in each of the shots. It just looks a little awkward to me. The angle in the 3rd is not the most pleasing, as it is typically preferred to avoid shooting up the nose. As a Catholic, I also am not fond of the use of the Rosary as a personal adornment but that is a personal issue.

On the positive side, I think you did a nice job with the lighting in the last one. You have much stronger work on your sites.

4. gizmo2071

gizmo2071 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you for your comments. Any feedback will be positive feedback for future reference.

I understand what you mean about the grabbing of the collar. I was aiming for a very 50's rock 'n roll image and the thing that sprung to mind with me was very much that pulling the collar up and appearing quite arrogent. I should have used it in one image and not 3 out of 4, that for sure.

The 3rd shot is supposed to be shot from down a hole and he is looking over the edge, so I don't think i could have avoided the "up the nose" shot on that one.

I won't comment on the use of rosary beads. I use any accessories I can find around the house just to make photoshoots look a little different.

So many thanks again for commenting.
    Things to consider for future shoots.

5. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Gizmo, I am a fan of your work. I actually like your style. I always feel that your photos have personality and they always are tad funny (in a good way). Again, these fall in that catagory for me. Love it!