golden looking portrait syle ?

is this what you mean by that "golden" thing?
DSC_3774-Edit.jpg

OK, the portraits of people in tall grass, mostly brown looking grass, dead looking grass, fields, etc…
With the “golden” hue, yellowing of everything, and sunlight behind the subject, creating an almost “washed out” glare near or on the model, etc..
And the highlighted hair/backs-side… I see it often. In fact, I know several photographers that do that for almost every client.
80% of their work, is that scenario, over and over.
I honestly don’t like it. I’m not a big fan. Occasionally, if someone wants that, but I don’t want that look/feel for the bulk of my work.
I thought you use to be common for “autumn – fall” images, but now, several people do this all the time, all year.

Am I alone in disliking that style?
I quite like it.
DSC_2962.jpg

doing a backlit image is a great way of softening skin and giving an atmospheric look.

OK, the portraits of people in tall grass, mostly brown looking grass, dead looking grass, fields, etc…
With the “golden” hue, yellowing of everything, and sunlight behind the subject, creating an almost “washed out” glare near or on the model, etc..
And the highlighted hair/backs-side… I see it often. In fact, I know several photographers that do that for almost every client.
I honestly don’t like it. I’m not a big fan. Occasionally, if someone wants that, but I don’t want that look/feel for the bulk of my work.
I thought you use to be common for “autumn – fall” images, but now, several people do this all the time, all year.

I quite like it.
View attachment 138959

doing a backlit image is a great way of softening skin and giving an atmospheric look.
I don't think your images quite match the description given, or that the OP was talking down on backlit photos. I think they meant that generic location choice in the vast golden wheat fields with the conscious choice of only using back lighting during golden hour and not branching out into a variety of other lighting options or locations, and using only those options for the majority of their work.

I quite like it.
View attachment 138959

I don't think your images quite match the description given, or that the OP was talking down on backlit photos. I think they meant that generic location choice in the vast golden wheat fields with the conscious choice of only using back lighting during golden hour and not branching out into a variety of other lighting options or locations, and using only those options for the majority of their work.
ahhh nothing wrong with images like that.
Just dont have access to wheat fields in the Pacific Northwest.
DSC_5152.jpg

how about golden hour and back lit?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back