Goldfinch

John Hunt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
P7160369.jpg

They are beautiful little birds but they can cause you to lose your religion when you're trying to take their picture.

Nice John. How are you enjoying the Olympus?

I'm starting to get the hang of using it. To be honest I miss the full frame sensor. The autofocus is not as accurate as I hoped it would be. The speed and the silent shutter are both awesome. The size and weight are fantastic. Just seems like I have to put a lot more thought into each photograph to get the result I want.

I'm starting to get the hang of using it. To be honest I miss the full frame sensor. The autofocus is not as accurate as I hoped it would be. The speed and the silent shutter are both awesome. The size and weight are fantastic. Just seems like I have to put a lot more thought into each photograph to get the result I want.

Yes sometimes it can be a pain with small subjects where something at the corner of the focus point will take over focus. My em5 mkii and also the em1 mki have two single focus points, one the same size as on the mkii but another tiny focus point thats about 1/3 the size. On the em5 I could pinpoint a chicadee's eye and would always have accurate focus.

At least I think this is what you are talking about. I have talked to Olympus about it and they get many complaints not having the smaller focus point. They are very good with fixing and adding new features in firmwares so I am sure this will get added or fixed.

I don't have as much issue now as I did when first moving from the em5. One thing that can help is assigning Magnify to a button. Use the magnify when focusing on small objects.

Super image.

Lovely shot.the wildlife management signboard gives it something special

Great shot!

lot of yellow in that pic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back