More photos as they gorge themselves :lol:
GoldfinchesinSunflower160x720copy.jpg

GoldfinchesinSunflower177x720copy.jpg

GoldfinchesinSunflower178x720copy.jpg

GoldfinchesinSunflower192x720copy.jpg

GoldfinchesinSunflower196x720copy.jpg

GoldfinchesinSunflower198x720copy.jpg

GoldfinchesinSunflower207x720copy.jpg

Very nice, i would be proud of them all, you might want to play with the light ballance, they may have stood out a bit more if you had used something suited to the evening sun? as they all have a lot of yellow in them.

tim

I like the subject matter and compositions, but also find the pics a little bright/yellowy.

My fave compos are the first two. He looks guilty in that second shot!

I like the subject matter and compositions, but also find the pics a little bright/yellowy.

My fave compos are the first two. He looks guilty in that second shot!

The bird actually is a very bright yellow, I've beentrying to get some of these things around here for the past week, I finally got a couple shots of one the other day. They are an elusive little birdie, can't get within a hundred feet of 'em and they are too small to shoot from that range. Nicely done uplander, You sat and waited for them I assume?

I set up and waited along a sunflower patch that was being heavily used by the Goldfinches. There where probably anywhere from 30 to 50 male and female finches feeding in the patch. All I had to do was sit still behind a camo net and wait. The sun was sinking in the west and there had just been some rain so the main colors where yellow and green lit by the late evening sun.

They make me laugh when they hang upside down on the drooping sunflowers.

[The late afternoon sun would account for the yellowish tinge I detected. My bad.]

They make me laugh when they hang upside down on the drooping sunflowers.

[The late afternoon sun would account for the yellowish tinge I detected. My bad.]

Just for you Anti:wink:

GoldfinchesinSunflower154copy.jpg

I set up and waited along a sunflower patch that was being heavily used by the Goldfinches. There where probably anywhere from 30 to 50 male and female finches feeding in the patch. All I had to do was sit still behind a camo net and wait. The sun was sinking in the west and there had just been some rain so the main colors where yellow and green lit by the late evening sun.

:( I could never be so lucky, the most I see at any one time is two, and that is rare.

I'm seeing about five times the goldfinches this year than any other year in memory. Everywhere I go here in southern WI there are g-finches. I can't go more than a few minutes without hearing their call or seeing them in flight( very distinctive, like porpusing with a kee, kee ,kee call on the upswing with wing beats). All in all I'm seeing more birds of all types this year.

I'm seeing about five times the goldfinches this year than any other year in memory. Everywhere I go here in southern WI there are g-finches. I can't go more than a few minutes without hearing their call or seeing them in flight( very distinctive, like porpusing with a kee, kee ,kee call on the upswing with wing beats). All in all I'm seeing more birds of all types this year.

lol yeah I know well the flight of the goldfinch, I playfully call it a drunkin arrow. I'm seeing a few newones this year too, you can prolly expect a handfull in the comming months where I am absolutly clueless to what the bird is. It's kind of interesting actually, once you have the ability to get photos of birds you begin to really see them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back