Goldilock's cousin

newPerspective

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a candid shot of my 2 year old neice

3072830990_05734367f8_b.jpg

CC please. What do you think of the composition and the lighting. How could I have made this a better shot?

I would like to see at least one eye. Everything else is ok. Does she have blue hair color?

Didnt notice the blue hair till you pointed it out. Why do you think that happened. Should I have corrected the white balance first?

Here is another shot, is this better?

3072831018_34b8d44160.jpg

Myself, I would have like to have seen more DOF in the first shot. Second shot is better, but I find the light reflecting in her hair distracting.

First one is better. The only niggler is the blue tint to her hair but hey - what're you gonna do. Photo might be better served in black and white though.

Here is the B&W version of it. Thanks for looking.

Would love to hear some feedback.

Try making the first one black and white. That way you'll eliminate the blue.

I prefer the second to the first photo, since we get to see at least one of her big eyes, and 2-year-olds have these very big eyes! And focus is RIGHT where it belongs, so yes, to my mind, Photo 2 is the winner, both, in colour and in black and white. (For the blue hair is more obvious in Photo 1, anyway).

Thanks for the encouraging words. Anymore indepth feedback about technique, lighting, compostion, mood etc ......

(another very similar shot with less of the blue hair)

3072830968_31443c2a1e.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back