Golf Shot C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by CW Jones, Sep 27, 2009.

1. CW Jones

CW Jones TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Alright I went to the driving range with my friend yesterday to get some practice in before a tournament on Friday. Of course I brought my cameras! here is one of my favorites from the day. Sun was going down fast though... and the ISO had to go up a bit. I dont think the noise is too bad nor distracts form the picture, but I would really like to know what you all think about it :thumbup:

C&C Please!

[​IMG]

2. photo28

photo28 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very nice. SOmething about the focus gets me a little distracted... can't seem to figure out what.
    Maybe the tip of the putter out of focus? I do like how the ball, putter, and section of the green are focused.

3. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Although my bag has sat in the corner for far too long, one thing that comes to mind for me with golf, is motion and fluidity. I have only in the last couple of weeks had a series of shots in mind with golf as the subject. It could be that I am prejudiced because of my own visions, but this shot looks very static and centered. Therefore, it does not work for me.

4. CW Jones

CW Jones TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very true. I really didn't try to center it either haha most of my pictures aren't like that because I simply dont like the look of centered either... now its bothering me haha I didn't really notice till now either

5. photo28

photo28 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Centering it doesn't annoy me much on this shot - I think it works good here... just the focus for me.

6. USAF-SSgt

USAF-SSgt TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Call Titleist and see how much they will pay for the shot. That way you know how good it is. You can say, "That is a $500.00 shot!" or you could say, "That's a .10 cent shot."

I'm just kidding. I know that photographers never base the quality of a shot on it's monatary value.

7. CW Jones

CW Jones TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    haha ita a pretty funny idea tho! lol

8. iaredavid

iaredavid TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the picture, however I might be biased since it contains a nice putter and you or your friend hits Titlelist Pro V1x balls; if I'm not mistaken. :thumbup:

9. CW Jones

CW Jones TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yup its my buddies club, Which is a Scotty Cameron that he loves more than his girlfriend haha (or so we joke about at least) Only ball he will hit are the Pro V1's. He is a great golfer and when he is finished with college he might try and go pro, who knows. I personally think he is more than good enough. Every course he plays he generally shoots 3-8 under par depending on the course. We have tournament this friday that I am trying to get ready for, seeing as he plans on placing top 3 at least haha

Me as a golfer... ya I hit whatever balls I can find in the woods haha which is good seeing as I send half the balls I bring into the woods anyways haha