Gone Canon

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No. Well not let at least, I went to local camera store today and knowing that I could borrow a Canon 40D I bought myself a macro lens (Cheaper than I thought),

4473104980_b0c02bbb18_b.jpg
So this is what I'm taking to Holland in the way of Canon gear.

I'm also taking some lights having just had a play with the lens I'm going to need some extra light.

I also bought a Nikon 50mm AF-S f/1.4 which was a tad pricey. Well worth it I hope!

The 100 mm f/2.8 is a big beast, really heavy.....

GET THAT CAMERAS CAP ON RIGHT NOW!!

think of the dust - the dust!!!! that is getting inside (you'll understand all about dust soon enough ;) ) And get ready for some fun with that setup - a nice flash if you can get it (430 would be enough) and some sort of diffuser (lumiquest softbox is what I use myself, but there are other options) and you are all set to go :)

hehe no but even a very clean house still had dust! It's the bane of the macro photographer it is :(

Last edited:
Welcome to the fold. You'll never look back.

I've got news for ya: there's a macro version for only a few bucks more. :greenpbl:

Have fun with it; but please, never have the body open without a cap or lens on it. When you change lenses, aim to do it as quickly as possible, always with the body facing down... set the lenses on a table or something, and use the other hand to hold the camera.

Most reactions

Back