Good Afternoon...

TheSolicitor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, all!

Quickly about me--I'm 25 and I'm about to graduate from law school and endure the summer from hell taking the North Carolina Bar exam. I purchased my first camera (seriously, ever) in September, a Nikon D5000. I have fallen in love. For better or worse, I have become the de facto photographer for law school events, my parents, my sister's family, and my friends.

I absolutely love photography, and the fact that I can capture moments that we may only live through once, but through photography we can remember those moments for a lifetime. I like that I can make it mine, and I can own whatever I do, good or bad.

In fairness, I'll make a grammatical error from time to time. I'll misspell something occasionally. I am unnerved by the fact that my mother texts me rather than calling and feels it necessary to sign them with her name. I am an unapologetic Mac user in a land of PC users. I shoot hundreds of photographs at events, and end up sending out 30 or 40. I don't edit in camera in the heat of an event. I love Thai food. I live in Charleston, SC currently, so if I'm not in the library, I'm stomping around on Upper King at my favorite watering holes, or running around the city with my camera around my neck, trying to get a shot my parents will want to hang in their house. I have learned the hard way that there is no tomorrow in photography--if you want *that* picture--do it once, do it right, and do it now.

And yes, it is A-OK to edit my photographs and be harsh and firm with your criticism, provided you are fair about it. No one likes to be berated, even the law student (Paper Chase, anyone?).

Thanks for reading my novella.

I am,

Respectfully,

Mike Jones, a/k/a TheSolicitor

Grand welcome to you. Hope you will have good time here.

I agree, Great introduction!

Welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back