Good beginners camera?

Yeah, that didnt come out very well did it! LOL!! My biggest thing is buying a prime lens...because the D40 doesnt have the autofocus built into the camera you have to buy lenses with it. So a prime lens that would cost $150 for any other camera it is close to $400 with the D40. And as I am NOT a fan of manually focusing with children photography I would like to upgrade so I have more lens options

35mm f/1.8 AF-S = $199 ;)

The cost of an upgrade could get you a 50mm f/1.4 AF-S... is it the lens or the body that's holding you back?

The D40 is what most people who went with Nikon probably started off with, it was a HUGE seller... perhaps the hottest selling DSLR of all time. The replacement is the D60... however both of these are no longer produced.
Could you provide a link to documentation the D40 and D60 are no longer being produced?

Here and here.

NikonUSA keeps them listed on their web site to assist those retailers that still have them in stock.

35mm f/1.8 AF-S = $199 ;)

The cost of an upgrade could get you a 50mm f/1.4 AF-S... is it the lens or the body that's holding you back?

Thats a great question! And I dont know the answer to it, the limitations of ISO bothers me and the FPS, I could really use something faster

Most reactions

New Topics

Back