good bye winter!

anua

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.portretowa.pl
the spring has finally came here -;) :lol: (for good - i hope -;) )
so, i've decided to unscramble all of the 'winter stuffs' - just to bid it farewell -;)

here are some pics i took at the Baltic sea, where we (me and my friends) were spending Christmas and new years eve -;)
The place is called Hel (he he :fangs: - ex. - this is a Hel penisula) and this is a strange,wild, blowy, and a very narrow piece of land - the place we stayed, Kuznica, it is only 100 m. wide - from one side you have an open sea, from other side is Gdanska bay. -;)

i love this place in the winter time - there's a few people, its calm, sometimes you can go alongshore all day and meet nobody -;)
(unless you're there with your 'party friends', he he - :drunk: )

anyway....here are the pics -;)

m3.jpg

my.jpg

c4.jpg

m1.jpg

m4.jpg

If that's Hel, it looks kinda heavenly, and I want to be there!!!

My fave is the top one. Beautifully composed and the colors are great!

I like the second one, of the beachcombers, it's a tad dark for me....probably my crappy monitor, btu I'd love a little more information in that one....

If you'd bracketed a little on #3 you might have nailed the exposure. The sun is bit blown out making the light too harsh. Rats. Go back and try it again!!! :wink: What a great scene of birds.....

The last 2 don't do much for me, composition-wise, other than make me wish I was walking the beach right about now.

Nice group of shots!

Strong work. The third shot stands out for me. The sunset is just right and the birds are really interesting.

Except for the snow yesterday, spring is taking hold here as well. Yeah!

Like #1, 3, and 4.
#4 looks very cool!

Nice!

Really like that first one, the sun lighting up the sea and the land in shadow works well and the colors seem to be very accurate.

Wonderful photos!

#1 - I love this one!
#2 - Dark and grainy. I think the dark would work for it if it wasn't grainy and was nice and sharp. Cool picture none the less.
#3 - I like this one. I like the feel here. I'd love to see it with a bit more to the left of the sun. Right now I feel like the sun is pulling my eye of that side of the page.
#4 - I love this one. Very interesting scene, almost surreal.
#5 - Love this one too. Almost looks as if the stretch of sand that is showing is a road. Heh heh, a road between freezing and not-freezing, heh heh, ok, that sounds dumb... ignore me. :)

Nice work! And nice wintery shots, it's already pretty warm here and I'm already hating it, heh heh.

Your first and third one stand out for me. I like the mood you captured from the first picture. At first I found the plant distracting but it adds a swaying, breezy, peaceful mood.

Your third one has an active subject matter, which along with the sunset makes it really stand out from the rest. You can try playing around with different crops but it's a nice picture.

I like #1 also and would love to see it slightly bigger.

You might try cropping #3 to eliminate the rock and everything below. It seems to "cut it loose from shore" and make it surreal.

Great pictures!

thank you all for comments! :)

If that's Hel, it looks kinda heavenly, and I want to be there!!!

he he, in fact - Hel - means nothing in polish - its just a name :D
but in english it means much more :fangs:
:D

I like the second one, of the beachcombers, it's a tad dark for me....probably my crappy monitor, btu I'd love a little more information in that one....

:( unfortunately i dont remember the exposure, but it was taken with my old yashica, + 35mm yashica lens, and if i remember propely - 400 ISO film, forced to 800, but im not quite sure :cry:
i tried to fix it a bit on my comp, i thought its ok, but now i can see it at the different monitor and its very very dark - :(
so maybe main is crappy -;(

Almost looks as if the stretch of sand that is showing is a road. Heh heh, a road between freezing and not-freezing, heh heh, ok, that sounds dumb... ignore me.

actually i liked it! :lol:

And nice wintery shots, it's already pretty warm here and I'm already hating it, heh heh.

i envy you! :fangs:

last one!!!
the lines are fabulous

actually the last one is also my favorite -;) thanks manda!
funny thing...the 3th - i didn't like it as much...
and this is why im so glad i can be here...it is just great to know so many different points of view! Thanks! :D

Most reactions

Back