Good camera for me...

MisplacedAngler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thinking about a Nikon D5000. My interests are landscape foremost, HDR, and I also would like to do some macro after I save some money for a macro lens and become familiar with my camera.

The D5000 has vibration reduction, exposure bracketing, active D lighting, vari-angle monitor, and is compatable with lots of lenses all of which will be good for my interests.

Is there any other camera out there one would suggest or is there anyone that thinks this would be a bad selection?

D5000 doesn't have vibration reduction, the lens it comes with (18-55 VR) does.

If you could find a nice used D200 I'd recommend that actually. For what you want to shoot it would be excellent, and the price in the long run would probably be less and it will autofocus older lenses as well.

The 9 shot bracketing you'll really enjoy with HDR.

The D5000 is a nice camera, don't get me wrong, I owned one and loved it - I just think for your purposes you'd be happier with something else perhaps.

Another cool thing about the D5000 and D200 (among some other Nikons) is that you can get a GPS for them to geotag your photos instantly, pretty cool - especially for you landscape shooting.

I think the D5000 is a great all around camera and has alot of great user friendly features at a good price. Also when it comes to shooting a certain "STYLE" the lens will be as big if not a bigger factor than the camera itself. A person can take just as good of a picture with decent camera with a high quality PROPER lens as a person with a high end camera and junk or wrong choice lens. Just what Ive noticed and read. Outside of that it will be based on budget, what feels better in your hands, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back