good cameras?

jimaroo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey you guys. thanks to everyone who helped answer some of my last questions i had. but i have few more.
i was wondering, if anyone knows if there any cameras, that arent to expensive, and that shoot in all types of film, like 35mm or the medium formats? i thought about buying a hasselblad of ebay maybe. cause i hear those are good, but i thought that i could save some money and still have good quality by buying a copy. i don't know. are there any other good medium formats that arent to spendy?
maybe i should just buy the canon eos rebel xt.

anyway thanks for any advice.:wink:

Rob said:
Perhaps starting with a manual 35mm camera would be a good idea.

Rob

I agree, shoot a while and learn the basics on one of those before making a big purchase for a medium format or a dSLR. these might be good ones to try:

canon ae-1
pentax k-1000
nikon fm2

jimaroo said:
hey you guys. thanks to everyone who helped answer some of my last questions i had. but i have few more.
i was wondering, if anyone knows if there any cameras, that arent to expensive, and that shoot in all types of film, like 35mm or the medium formats? i thought about buying a hasselblad of ebay maybe. cause i hear those are good, but i thought that i could save some money and still have good quality by buying a copy. i don't know. are there any other good medium formats that arent to spendy?
maybe i should just buy the canon eos rebel xt.

anyway thanks for any advice.:wink:

A question for you: Why do you need a Hassy to learn with? Or even a copy? As the two posters above mentioned, you'd be much better off getting one of the 35mm SLRs that allow you to work manually. Learn that way first and as you progress, go towards a cheap TLR like Yashica D to learn MF. That would make more sense, at least financially. ;)

i do use a reular 35mm camera.

i have been using it for a while, but i want to start using the medium formats for my portraits, i know i should practice a little more, but im starting a photo class and there going to teach me all the lighting witch is what i need to learn
the most. im just trying to review these other cameras, so that i can have more knowledge about them. thanks for your advise guys, every bit helps.:thumbup:

ah well, our mistake. if you want cheap-ish medium formats, check out freestyles (There is a banner/link at the top of the forum). If you take fine-art type portraits for individuals, the medium format might be a wiser idea. if you shoot smaller scale (print wise) and don't need the super high resolution of medium format, then the rebel xt might come in really handy for you. it's certainly faster to work with than film, so that's a plus.

Hassy 500c/m cameras are dirt cheap now (relatively!). They're one of the best portrait cameras around and you can choose between 66 and 645 backs. They also have pretty easy to work features - darkslide safety, double-exposure safety great lens... If you've got about £300 to spend, get one and you won't go far wrong.

Rob

Check out Yashica, Mamiya, and Minolta TLRs. You can get a good used one for under $200, and start trying out 6x6.

I have been picking up some Bronica SQ items lately. I have had an SQ for about 5 years, but only just one back and the normal 80mm lens. In the last year I have picked up several backs, 4 lenses, and a spare body. People are dumping the MF for digital. And I am smiling all the way. :) Some are selling very good equipment for cheap.

Most reactions

Back