Good CS5 tutorials?

So YOU are the guy that actually reads the EULAs? I figured there might be one person, glad to meet ya!

I don't always read them, but you might be surprised what clicking "I agree" entitles the software company to. I know apple got some heat lately for the content of the recently revised privacy policy. I read an article on the topic and found it rather eye-opening.

LOL.

Just a little story for you guys
Ive had a burned music cd of a well known band signed by the whole gang last year. They loled for like 10 min and signed the copy.

LOL? ...WTF.

I just wanted to clear those things up for you. If you're ok with breaking the law, that's your issue to contend with. You should know the law nonetheless. BTW, I take it the band wasn't metallica....they wouldn't have loled.

As an aside, I personally think software prices are high, and a lot of this is due to piracy. I actually enjoy very much using free, open-source software, but nowadays, my employer provides everything I need w/ volume licensing or deep discounts. Want to use photoshop? Try GIMP! Want to use MS Office? Try Open Office! Want to use Illustrator? Try Inkscape! The list goes on and on, and the open source stuff keeps getting better (try Firefox lately?).

I like Lynda.com and KmH mentioned NAPP. I went to a seminar of theirs. It was Awesome.

I really like Lynda.com, yeah it costs a little but it is worth your $$. If you want free tutorials, there are lots of options there as well, I create free video tutorials at Tutorvid.com or do a search on YouTube for anything you are wondering about and you can generally find a tutorial.

I have subscribed to Lynda and NAPP, and prefer the latter. I especially use the free shipping from B&H, that has more than paid my NAPP membership.
Speaking of theft, I have purchased, legally, Photoshop CS2, CS3, and CS5, and Adobe offers free tutorials, both text to print, and videos. Do some here consider that stealing? I was actually linked to the Russell Brown site from there, which is also a free viewing site. Stealing?
BTW, here it is, and I like it......Tips Page

Speaking of theft, I have purchased, legally, Photoshop CS2, CS3, and CS5, and Adobe offers free tutorials, both text to print, and videos. Do some here consider that stealing?
Why would they? Access to the Adobe tutorials is included in the purchase price you paid.

I would also recommend youtube or a simple google search. There are a LOT of tutorials and guides out there about specific issues. Search for the things you would like to do. Eg. "remove red eyes" or "make a grey sky blue" or whatever you need. - If you are looking for complete collected program instructions, I think you need to buy a book.

I have subscribed to Lynda and NAPP, and prefer the latter. I especially use the free shipping from B&H, that has more than paid my NAPP membership.
Speaking of theft, I have purchased, legally, Photoshop CS2, CS3, and CS5, and Adobe offers free tutorials, both text to print, and videos. Do some here consider that stealing? I was actually linked to the Russell Brown site from there, which is also a free viewing site. Stealing?
BTW, here it is, and I like it......Tips Page

thanks for the hint on the shipping deal at B&H. I use B&H a lot but didn't know they had a shipping deal with NAPP. I just signed up as a NAPP member - something I've thought about doing for a while but this pushed me over the edge :)

Most reactions

Back