Good deal? photoshop cs3

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Hardrock, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Hardrock

Hardrock TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  2. MikeBcos

MikeBcos TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If that's a genuine offer from a reputable company, it looks good value to me, CS3 is extremely capable.

3. Blank

Blank TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If you have never used Photoshop before, CS3 might seem to most like a waste of money. Reason being because you will probably never get value for money with how extensive the program is. I say, if you can afford it, get it. If you are a "baby steps" kind of person, Photoshop Elements might be a better start. CS3 will be information overload.

Secondly, don't buy from that place, it's not a genuine Adobe seller, there will be no tech support if you require it and the activation code will be some b/s via a random number generator. It is actually illeagal to own something like this and last I heard it was about 18-25 years prison with 2000 lashings.

4. Hardrock

Hardrock TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok so I dont understand what do you mean it is ilegal to own something like this and what is the activation for?

5. Blank

Blank TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's pirated! (like some person(s) with an original and producing multiple copies to sell to unsuspecting Public Joe). CS3 is retailing for $500.00+ from an authorized seller.

The short of "activation" is; each produced copy has a serial number. When you buy genuine Adobe, apart from making Mr. Adobe tick over another sale, the activation of your particular purchase entitles you to tech support, product help, etc, etc.

Software elites on this forum could enhance on this subject. The choice is yours!

6. AlexColeman

AlexColeman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would just say torrent CS4 for free. Adobe definitely over charges for this product.

7. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Oh my.....

8. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    you definitely do not want to go down the torrent road... especially not on this forum where many people are using fully licensed and payed for products. Any further talk of that nature and the thread will be locked.

9. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Holy crap! No. I would not suggest that and I am surprised that anyone would even have the guts (and perhaps lack of forthought) to publically say this. Alex, you should be ashamed to promote piracy in such a manner.

My version of CS3 came to $199US, which is the upgrade and 40 bucks more than the OP's "fake" version. My original CS2 CD was picked up in a garage sale all scratched up and near unusable for $5. That is a small price to pay for a legit serial number.

Software, like the rest of your camera equipment, should be budgeted for, and yes, should be researched. Granted CS3 or CS4 is the most complex photo editing software out there, but for 80% of the people I would suggest that they look into LightRoom. If it can do 75% of the work for professionals, it likely exceeds the needs of all beginners and saves them a LOT of money.

As for people that pirate... :thumbdown: Sorry guys, no love there. :)

10. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    Didn't the name of the company give you a clue?

Come on, KY?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

11. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK, I have to admit, it took me 5 seconds before I cracked up out loud... LOL!

12. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    HAHAHAH NICE!

The cheapest way to get photoshop is to buy an older copy of ebay second hand, and then pay for an upgrade to CS3 or CS4. At least it was a few years ago, is that still the case?

You are talking about a professional piece of software used in industry to make an absolute fortune for graphic art companies and photographers. Photoshop CS4 is the Canon 1DsMkII in the camera world, the SAP in accounting, or Windows 2003 R2 Advanced Server in IT.

You should be so lucky to see it for $500US. Take electrical engineering. Altium Designer is a tool for designing PCBs, and not a very good one. $12000 per licence. The cream of the crop is MentorGraphics which is easily 4x the Alitum Designer licence.

If you want to be the amateur photographer then use something designed for you. Like Photoshop Elements, Lightroom, Paint Shop Pro, and to a lesser extent GIMP, etc. and you may not pay through the nose for 90% of features you won't use.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009