Good Deal?

I think you can do better on Ebay. Search over there for Nikon cameras and ignore the bodies and just look at the lens and flash units. I got a 50mm 1.8, 80-200, flash unit and some camera that does a great job collecting dust for $34.77.

Good luck!

How do I know what will fit on a Nikon D60

How do I know what will fit on a Nikon D60

Almost ANY Nikon F mount (most of them) will "fit" (mount) on your D60. But anything that is not an AF-S lens, you will have to manually focus, which will eventually get old, and will not work well for photographing sports or moving objects.

The ONLY Nikon lenses that will autofocus on a D60 body are the AF-S Series of lenses. They are of recent vintage, many (probably most of them) of them are plastic mounts. Even many of the more expensively priced AF-S lenses are plastic mounts.

You will be hard pressed to find an AF-S lens for under $200.00 which is why I suggested another 18-55mm, even used from Craigslist, for about $75.00 - $80.00.

Your D60 bidy s what causes the AF issue, if you had any othe Nikon body (besides a D40 / D40X / D60 / D3000 / D5000 - ALL of which require AF-S lenses to AF) you could choose from hundreds of different lenses that would AF on other Nikon camera bodies.

Ever thought about trading up that D60 body to a D70, then you could use ANY Nikon AF lens?

Maybe sell your D60, and buy a used D70 with a lens. $200 and the value of your camera when you sell it should make that work.

Just a thought...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back