Good Examples of Pics Taken W/D40 Kit

Clikon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know of some good pictures taken with the Nikon D40/18-55mm kit? I'm wondering if my pictures are as good as it gets with this setup, or if there is more I can do to make them better.

I know there's more potential with better lenses, but I'd like to see some nice shots done with the kit I own, to see exactly how much room I have for improvement. Hope this makes sense.

I suppose I could post what I feel is my best picture so far. I'm wondering why I'm tending to see so much noise with most of my shots. Not so much noise in this one, but of course the sky is blown out...I'm not using a filter, but plan on getting one.

DSC_0012-1.jpg

I'm not qualified to comment on the "quality" of your shots from a professional standpoint, but overall I think they're good. I love the covered bridge b/w one.

The first one (of the dog in the snow) is typical of many of the shots I take in that it seems to have a "haze". Not sure what that is, maybe overexposure? I think the next step for me has to be a study of "Understanding Exposure". My goal right now is to improve my exposure quality or however you say it. I like the train one I took, but the sky was blown out. It was getting really late in the day when I took it too, but apparently my camera overcompensated for what I thought was perfect lighting. I think I was using the "P" mode when I took it.

I'm not really sure but maybe a polarizer would help look them up and see what they do, I think they might help with your sky..

I'm not really sure but maybe a polarizer would help look them up and see what they do, I think they might help with your sky..

I'm sure you're right. Good call.

I'm not qualified to comment on the "quality" of your shots from a professional standpoint, but overall I think they're good.

They are good outcome really. If you do want to force "noise" result with this D40 you will get it starting from ISO 1600, because this el cheapo handles the noise rather well.

The last one (snow) is a bit dark. But maybe it was dark or just couple clicks under. The dog shot is good exposure to me, balanced between the dog and the snow. The rail yard exposure is perfect since I can't see any sunlight reflection anywhere in the scene.

That the sudden flying birds, did you threw rock at them to force fly them?

Anyway, you don't need any other equipment for the next three months - for the cooling off period.

That the sudden flying birds, did you threw rock at them to force fly them?

Nope. I was just patient and lucky.

(Sorry to steal the thread). I think the rail yard shot is fairly well done, and that there is still room for improvement (there always is), you haven't reached the limits of the D40 body just yet. Maybe some new glass?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY D40X!! Looks like you've gotta great head start great pic! I have since upgraded to professional SLR, but these we're all taken with the D40X kit lenses

ContatSheet1.jpg

ContactSheet2.jpg

ContactSheet3.jpg

BuZeRkeR's post goes to show that most DSLR's are capable of great shots, its just the photograper that makes the difference.

Most reactions

Back