Good first new lens?

LisaMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, i finally purchased my new DSLR a 5d camera(yay no more camera purchasing advice) however only problem is i now need to know of some good EF lenses i could purchase to use with my new camera as all my current lenses are EF-S lenses. Right now im looking for a basic lens, maybe something like 18-55mm(something basic), perferably zoom, ranging from average to high quality such as an L series, and preferably under 1000 dollars(if possible)! Thanks!

I would get the one without the ridiculous crap on it that pushes the price over a hundred.

If however you want to save some money, have a look at the Sigma line. Their 24-70/60 lenses are quite nice. I have one and it's a very good "kit" lens.

Thanks Ands...by the way not everyone spends there life living on the net to know which sites information are respectable, resourceful and reliable when it comes to photography (especially beginners)....hence TPF for answers in "beginners forum"
I asked the question with the intentions that other users could give me there own personal experiences with lenses they use/have used...so if you cant respect that i dont think "beginners forum" is the place for you to reside your time.
Peace

Hi all, i finally purchased my new DSLR a 5d camera(yay no more camera purchasing advice) however only problem is i now need to know of some good EF lenses i could purchase to use with my new camera as all my current lenses are EF-S lenses. Right now im looking for a basic lens, maybe something like 18-55mm(something basic), perferably zoom, ranging from average to high quality such as an L series, and preferably under 1000 dollars(if possible)! Thanks!
What type of photography are you going to be doing most?

Instead of looking at zoom lenses, I would look at primes. They are generally sharper, faster and cost less. Almost every Canon shooter I know just loves their EF 85mm f/1.8.

I posted "Good lord" simply because why put the cart before the horse? Not sure what the thought process was, but wouldn't it have been advantageous to research both camera bodies AND lens options before plunking down however much scratch for a decidedly non-newbie camera.

Has nothing to do with "respect" or lack thereof.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back