Good friggin' news!

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Okay, you all remember hearing about my favorite coffee shop, right? I posted several pictures here and there from it... it's called Bay St. Coffee House. It's two stories, with three huge rooms to sit in... three overstuffed chairs, three couches, and two fireplaces. Not to mention a little stage for poetry night, and for open mic every week. They also have tons of terrific art, photographs and paitings posted on their walls...

And I got an email from Aubrey, the lady who takes many of the photos (she's SO good) and who coordinates the art there... she said she thinks my work is "absolutely beautiful" and would love to see it up on the walls there! She says very soon she will have some spots open that she thinks would be perfect for my work, so I'm going to call her tomorrow morning to work out the details!

I'm so excited, I've never really had my art put anywhere except for around the house. I think I'm going to make a business card and post it by each picture, with a phone number and prices for the pictures. =D I'm so happy! Now I just need to make some cash so that I can afford to get some prints made, and frames bought.

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Hey man, great news! Good on ya!

I like that card, but It'd be sweet if you had it like on a small business-card-sized engraved metal plaque. Yes?? ;) Look good in the picture frame corner.

If that's a little overdoing it, then that will do! Catches the eye. Make the prices really high!

And by the way, your coffeehouse sounds like the place I dream of practically living at when I'm older. Go listen to some poetry, have a cafe latte. Where do you live? I wanna go there!!!! :drool::mrgreen:

Thanks guys! Matty, I live in Bellingham Washington, up near the Canadian border. It's the only place of its kind around here, and it's never too full, which is lovely =)

THAT is the thing that is still waiting for me (and I am twice your age :roll: ) --- congratulations!
Well, that, and a cosy coffee house like "yours"...
OK, some time soon my two winning photos from the local paper's monthly photo contest will be displayed in the bank, but that is about it (and I did not win the December contest and I think it is because they decided not to let this lady win AGAIN - conceited thoughts, eh :blushing: )

But if I ran a coffee house, and if I had spare walls to display YOUR photos, then I WOULD DO SO TOO! Your photos are FASCINATING!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back