Good Laminate to Bounce Light

hendersonphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My company is trying to figure out a good laminate for our tables to bounce light off of to shoot products on. (or something to that effect)

Any idea where to start?

My company is trying to figure out a good laminate for our tables to bounce light off of to shoot products on. (or something to that effect)

Any idea where to start?

Anything with a flat white paint will do. Can buy 1/4 harboard masonite and paint it flat white (nice smooth surface). Or just cover any table with a white cloth (dull fabric, nothing shiny). White canvas works good.

The problem with a white surface is that when it gets scratched up, it will show.

What about using a roll of white paper? It will work on any hard surface and you just roll out more when you need it. In photography we call it a seamless background.

If you want it to be more reflective (give you a reflection of the product) then you could put a piece of clear plexi-glass or acrylic over it.

Keep in mind that good product shots are more a result of good lighting, than the surface/background you are shooting on.

Any idea where to start?
The Yellow Pages, for a pro product photographer? (or something to that effect)

Are you the shooter?

Most reactions

Back