Good lens for my 350d

ShaCow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shacow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use my standard 18-55 lens on my 350d as well as an ef 70 - 300mm one.. and Im looking for a good quality lens, something like a 28 - 200 or something around there...

does anyone know of any high quality lenses I can look into getting for my camera, because the standard lens is prityy crap to be honest.. and my 75 - 300 is alright, but only for long range etc...

im looking for something to use as a general lens, starting at about 28mm and going to around 100 - 200 - 300mm

any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Shaun Cowley

How about the 28-135 with IS?
That is supposed to be a great walk-around lens for film or full format digital. It would not be wide enough for me. I'd prefer the EF-S 18-85 with IS for the 350D.

I think there is a Sigma 28-200. That might be what you are looking for.

Big Mike said:
How about the 28-135 with IS?
That is supposed to be a great walk-around lens for film or full format digital. It would not be wide enough for me. I'd prefer the EF-S 18-85 with IS for the 350D.

I think there is a Sigma 28-200. That might be what you are looking for.
I have both. The 28-135 isn't wide enough for everyday use. But, I do a lot of landscape shots. The 17-85 is my primary lens. It's not super wide, but it's as wide as you'll get for under $800. And...it has IS :D Now don't go comparing it to 'L' glass, because it's not. But for the price...it's a super clean lens!

Since you already have zooms lenses to cover convenience, I'd go with a pime lens, like a 50mm f1.4, 50mm 1.8, or 85mm 1.8. Primes tend to be better quality since they don't have to make compromises for a range of focal lengths, plus they can let a lot more light in.

You'll think 18-55 is god when you see the results from 28-200 or 28-300

Hyperzooms are crud.

I'm gonna follow on from Markc: buy a 50mm F1.8 to start with and maybe buy an 85mm or 100mm prime lens depending on what you want to do, if you're still bent on getting a zoom lens for your 350D then i'd strongly recommend an EF-S 17-85mm with Image Stabiliser - I had a play with one of these little gems in the shop not to long ago and nearly put a deposit down for one. :)

It's a 6 year old thread. :er:

Why are you dumpster diving and digging up long, dead threads? :thumbdown:

Most reactions

Back