good lense for shooting wedding camera (canon 60D)

Erra87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi, im a new in a canon camera user....and i would like to take wedding picture for my business for the future... anyone have any idea which the best lenses for the canon..which have a good resolution, speed, and good for the image we take...

anyone pls give me an advise...
thank you..

16-35 f/2.8L, 24-70f2.8L, 70-200 f/2.8L (IS). That trinity should get you about any shots you'd need for a wedding. You could also go with off brand equivalents or go for a prime lens selection. You basically want as large an aperture as you can get while maintaining wide angle through tele focal lengths.

thanks belial....if u dnt mind can u explain me how this 3 lenses working i mean which situation the best for each lenses...im so appreciated...:)

ya i should but unfortunately im not familiar with this lenses, coz in my country 2 of this lenses is not available and we should order from US... also most of my friends here they not use this lenses...i also new in a photography world and i need a lot study...i hope anybody can give me advise...

It shouldn't matter if you're familiar with the specific lenses. If you're shooting a wedding for money, you should know how to use various focal lengths and what effect a lens' max aperture has.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

yes i know i should know how to use that why i need some explanation from you or person who expert about it coz every people they has their own way to use....beside i also searching about lenses in internet...and for your information im not yet start to shoot for weddings now...i still learn a lot technics in internet and with other people who expert about that...after that i will start

Erra87 said:
yes i know i should know how to use that why i need some explanation from you or person who expert about it coz every people they has their own way to use....beside i also searching about lenses in internet...and for your information im not yet start to shoot for weddings now...i still learn a lot technics in internet and with other people who expert about that...after that i will start

Once you do, you will know what you need for the desired effects. There are multiple lenses you can have. It's just a focal range that should be covered. Then it will boil down to primes vs zooms. All in due time. You will see what is needed and what you will want or like. Good luck.

I am not a pro and never shot a wedding before but in my opinion, lens purchase should based on what end result you like have (such as your style) and the condition where photograph is being taken. I think the most important gears you need to get right now is knowledge and experience. And the other gears such as lenses and lights etc will come along in the near future.

I really do not think there are a best lenses for weddings, but there are best lenses for a wedding photographers. And I am sure they are different from photographer to photographer.

The 17-40 f/4L is an other alternative to the 16-35 f/2.8 for much less. You'll lose a little light on the aperture, but you'll save a good bit. It really depends on your budget.

Now, the zooms are great versatile lenses, but you'll probably also want some primes in your bag. When you're shooting in a dark church an 85 f/1.2 @ 1600 ISO will probably be a better option than an 70-200 @85mm and f/2.8 with an ISO of 9,600. That's if you can shoot your scene with such a shallow DOF. Other than that primes will generally provide better optics. Of course, your zoom becomes your feet and you may need more lenses to cover the range between 15 and 200mm.

Last edited:
yess you right experience and knowledge is most important....thanks Dao i really appreciate it...:)

thanks for the information will, i really appreciate it....

yess you right experience and knowledge is most important....thanks Dao i really appreciate it...:)

If you see a photo you really like, beside the artistic side, you may want to learn the technical side of it such as the ExIF info (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focal length and recording medium), lighting (artificial light(s). natural light, light modifier being used including reflector(s) )

thanks belial....if u dnt mind can u explain me how this 3 lenses working i mean which situation the best for each lenses...im so appreciated...:)

Your a brave individual, shooting a wedding so early in your photographic development.

Most reactions

Back